New Guy

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

instructorpilot

Reaction score
Hey everyone, My name is Al. I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I have two GL1100s that are with in a few serial no. of each other. One is your typical naked wing with only 12k miles on it and the other is a complete Vetter kitted bike with lowers and a cycle sound radio with 8-track. I have been slowly getting the naked wing back together although it has been a project. The other wing is complete but suffered from a carb fire. I tested the compression and it was withn spec so it's waiting it's turn on the lift. Believe it or not I got all the parts I needed to fix it on ebay for less than 100 bucks. This bike has only 17k miles on it. I think that between the two I should be in Gold Wings for the rest of my life.
Al

Welcome Al... hmmmm 8 track hmmmm I still have one or two laying around someplace... Yoou thinkg about upgrading that audio system???? glad to have you join us.. I am in North TEXAS DFW area and right now it is snowing for the third time this month!! Wanna see pictures neeeeed to seeee pictures!!!! :beg: :beg: :beg: :beg:

Welcome to the CGW forums, Al!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
My '81 has a CycleSounds set-up, also with an 8 track!! :mrgreen:

Al, welcome from New Jersey! :clapping:

If you ever need to upgrade your cycle sound, I recommend going to West Marine and getting a marine grade radio that is water resistant and sealed. I replaced mine with a Sony AM/FM/CD with built in iPod cable and a remote.

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 152
Welcome Al. I have 2 1980 Goldwings myself . I have 1 of them about stripped , kinda for parts. but.......again, Welcome.

I have lots of pics, on a trip right now, be back on saturday. gonna keep the 8-track on the gl, have a marine radio on my dressed CX though. it works great and is a great suggestion for others with cycle sound system.
A

instructorpilot":2dp7ftn1 said:
I have lots of pics, on a trip right now, be back on saturday.

Omega does his best Mr. Burns, "Excellent." Not sure how I missed this one. Welcome to teh forums Al!

mcgovern61":2dp7ftn1 said:
Al, welcome from New Jersey! :clapping:

If you ever need to upgrade your cycle sound, I recommend going to West Marine and getting a marine grade radio that is water resistant and sealed. I replaced mine with a Sony AM/FM/CD with built in iPod cable and a remote.

LULZ...I do believe Gerry is a tad proud of that beautifully restored cockpit. :cool:

~O~

Latest posts