New helmet.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastmover83

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new helmet this winter and ended up buying a AFX Pilot open face, and after taking it on a tryout ride today, I have to say it is the best fitting, quietest, and most comfortable helmet I have ever owned. If anyone is thinking of buying a new open face helmet, give this one a look, I think you will like it.

I ordered it from my local bike shop $74.00, he's a good guy and and his prices are good, so I do as much business as I can with him rather then order on line. I'd been checking them out on line and decided to ask him to include one in his spring order, so I could get a hands on look and he ordered four and sold two as soon as they came in.

A warning to potential buyers! This helmet doesn't have any vents. Around here with summer temperatures in the low to mid 70's it isn't a problem, but in hotter locations it might be too hot for summer riding.

fastmover83":1x8yrbxl said:
A warning to potential buyers! This helmet doesn't have any vents. Around here with summer temperatures in the low to mid 70's it isn't a problem, but in hotter locations it might be too hot for summer riding.

I agree! Around here, the temps in the summer run in the high 90's most of the time. A unique thing that I did discover is that when it is 98 degrees around here and I ride my bike at 70 mph, it is still 90 degrees at 70 mph and I still sweat! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

fastmover83":1xthjmxh said:

Helmet vents are for girls!!

PS-
(don't let the girls beat me up, I was just kidding!)

Picked up a lightly smoked face shield for my new helmet yesterday. I'll keep and carry the clear shield on long trips in case I need it, but for everyday use I think the light smoke will be better. and at $24.00 each including tax, I may even buy a dark one for really bright days.

Latest posts