New member....Greetings!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was building the Hunley, an entire winter was spent redoing the wiring. I eliminated very little, but replaced a lot of hacked wires, put liquid electrical tape on wounds from Scotch-lok connectors, and replaced about 75% of the connectors (and clesned/tightened the rest). Luckily, you can still get new connectors from several vendors. Unless you have a time crunch, cleaning up wiring can be a relaxing time. I often read of people having problems with understanding electrical systems. I'm primarily mechanical minded, and have learned to think of the wiring as a plumbing system.

I'm primarily mechanical minded, and have learned to think of the wiring as a plumbing system.

And while it's a little more complicated than that, it's an excellent mindset for anyone who feels that electricity is confusingly out-of-their reach.

Just include electricals in the bag with Plumbing:

I don't care what ANY book says: PLUMBING is the ROOT of all Evil. ALL the world's worst problems can be traced back to Plumbing.

That's how I was taught to do residential electrical.

With bikes it's all the colors and doohickeys that get me lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=212027#p212027:1zem8986 said:
MC Madness » 19 Aug 2019, 23:18[/url]":1zem8986]
I just joined up because I just, two weeks ago bought me a forty two year old GL1000. I don't know what I was thinking. I seemed like a good idea at the time. What do you think?

Welcome, from VA, Brian. If it was good enough for Old Man Honda to build, it's good enough for me! -Graves-

Latest posts