Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswarbird

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member from Wichita, Ks. I ride an '85 GL 1200 LTD. I am in the process of bringing back to life a '76 GL 1000. I have had it to the frame, engine out and and am in the process of putting back together. I will need a lot of help with the wiring.........I also have a '78 GL 1000 STD with only 30K miles.........I love the older Goldwings, had an 03 and didn't like it, too heavy for me.........I really enjoy reading the posts and learning, am very happy to have been informed about this site.........thanks for listenning.......Pat :music:

Welcome to the CGW forums, Pat!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
You've come to the right place. Any questions you have, just put them out there...you'll get a real answer! :good:

There are people that have links to the diagrams and the books... goldwingsdocs.com I believe is one source and they have free downloads.... If I am wrong on the link I will be corrected by those in the know .... I am not always totally correct but am always in the game.. BTW welcome to the forums from North TEXAS

Welcome Pat.

We have downloadable manuals in the Shop Talk Forums if you need as well as the full size color wiring diagrams all without watermarks.
If you need any help give us a shout.

Pat, welcome from New Jersey! :clapping:

Make sure you post tech questions in the GL1000 categories, it will make it easier looking for answers from other 1000 owners! (and us 1100's too) :smilie_happy:

and a welcome from me in waco, texas have a 75 gl1000 thought about getting newer, but runs so good that i cant. i change carbs and put on 81 gl1100 carbs lost a little low end but gained on highway speed. will send pictures when i figure out how.

rock42
christian motorcyclist assocation waco chapter
also member gwrra

Latest posts