new oldwing member from southern illinois

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingdave

Reaction score
Hi, my name is dave and I recently purchased my first goldwing. I should have looked at the posts about what to look for when buying an oldwing before purchasing but what the heck, I was planning on replacing all that "stuff" anyway right.(Buyer beware should have entered my mind a little sooner in the equation!) Well at least anytime I take her out now I dont worry so much about what could go wrong. Not to mention it was love at first site anyway. I had been away from motorcycles for about 10 years(its funny how a couple serious wrecks can do that to a person if they let it!) but I decided to get back on the old horse. I had never ridden a goldwing before, mostly nighthawk and cbr 900 so its a little change of pace but i think its much more my style now. I have had my bike out of the shop for about two weeks and i've put a thousand miles on it so far and love it! The boxer motor really suprised me. I was expecting a much slower and more grunty motor but instead it has a much more exciting nature. It really encourages a lot of different riding experiences. Its almost like having a couple of motorcycles instead of just one.Not to mention buying and older goldwing is the absolute best way to economically ride a full dresser without paying and arm and a leg. I really appreciate this forum and look forward to visiting it often!

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

We can help you liven up the old gurl even more if you like. If you can't fix whatever on this bike with help from this forum it probably wasn't broke.

Welcome from California. You are correct the 1100 offers a different riding experience and it is a great one. It is at home on mountain roads as it is on the interstate and that is what I love about it. Besides I can't afford the 1800 yet.

Welcome from the other Southern Illinois member. I am new to the Goldwing experience too and so far I have rebuilt master cylinder, synced carbs, rebuilt front caliper, (front left,) replaced leaking petcock gas valve which then pointed out a leaking weep hole under fuel pump. More pressure, quicker leaking fuel pump. Thanks to info on this site and others I just finished rebuilding the fuel pump. Now I have to go back and redo Carb sync...but I am getting there. Besides, don't have the $$ to buy new. I live in Benton area, Franklin county. This is a great forum. You'll enjoy it to. Check out the YouTube part.