• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

new saddlemen seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a saddlemen double bucket seat for a 83 gl1100
I bought it a few weeks ago, and installed it.. road around 150miles, and I dont like it.
the wife dont like it either.. so just looking to get my money back out of it... or as close as I can..
I have $125 plus shipping into the seat.
they are still selling for around $50 more.. on ebay
this seat is in perfect shape.. with papers and original box and wrap.
will run it here and on craigslist for a few days before posting on ebay

I would recommend this seat for persons with smaller posteriors
besides that the fit is nice and the bike looked great.
Thanks for looking..

IMG_9166_resize.jpg

heres the seat on my bike..

aIMG_9459_resize.jpg

IMG_9452_resize.jpg

IMG_9453_resize.jpg

IMG_9454_resize.jpg

IMG_9455_resize.jpg

IMG_9457_resize.jpg

IMG_9458_resize.jpg

That looks quit a bit narrower than the saddleman road sofa I installed this year.I love mine with the gel,just what was it you dont like about it?

Attachments

• seat 004.JPG
    seat 004.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 298
  • seat 004.JPG
    seat 004.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 291
yep it sure looks wider.. thats exactly what we didnt like about this seat.. it seems narrow for our (large cabooses) ..
other than that its a great seat... very comfortable if your average size rearend, or smaller...

tory you have to tell me were , how much and how is it to get on and off the bike. i got my trunk on the other day and its going to be a whole new learning experience getting on and off the bike just about drop it the other day trying to get my leg off the biker after a long ride couldnt do it hardly. but i need to have that drivers back rest bad , spill aqll your thoughts on it thanks

That is why I like the floor boards gives me something bigger to put my feet on.. i can stand on them and get o and off the bike.. (my left leg doesn't throw so well anymore)

Exactly.
My legs dont move like they used to either.I put the left one on the peg,and grab the right one with my hand to prevent scratchs.

With the sidecar on it was quit simple,but with mama done,I have the sidecar off,and am re-adjusting to the 2 wheel freedom a bit.Not that I get much riding time in this year.

The seat is right from saddleman,It is the "Road Sofa" with gel inserts and back rest for about $500.00.Awful pricey for a 27 year old bike,but I have no intention of replacing this bike anytime soon,and we use to travel quit a bit with it.Hopefully that will happen again. That seemed to justify the price a bit at the time.

I have an older Saddleman road sofa and it does seem wider. I would still like to add sheepskin though. When I get on the highway and lean back into the backrest, I put my feet up on my crash bars flat and it is like riding a sofa!

Attachments

• MVC-539F.JPG
    MVC-539F.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 266
  • '83 Avatar.JPG
    '83 Avatar.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 271
Jim, did you like the firmness? That is one of the things I love about this seat. I thought "Oh sh*t" when I opened the box but one ride sold me, guess I needed a very firm seat.

~O~

Omega Man":152mnuwk said:
Jim, did you like the firmness? That is one of the things I love about this seat. I thought "Oh sh*t" when I opened the box but one ride sold me, guess I needed a very firm seat.

~O~
I have made two trips to DC (about 500 miles each way) on my Saddleman seat and I have to agree that firm is the way to go for me. I would not mind being able to move back another inch or so, but otherwise, it is perfect. The rest of my body gets tired before my butt does.

jdegase":3gpuw83c said:
its firm.. not really a problem there..
just doesnt fit the wifes bottom .. not wide enough...
(as I'm tryin to not get beat-up)

I sure hope that wasn't Jim's last ever post.... :swoon: :Doh2:

:smilie_happy: :lol: :smilie_happy:

well I made it through the night... I should be ok now.. LOL

I really like the way the seat looks on the bike, and as before, I dont have a problem with the seat BUT occasionally I ride 2up. and the wife needs to be comfy too.
she prefers the original honda seat I recovered last year .
since I figuered this seat would be a great addition for someone else (and I honestly dont have the room to store it) I figuered I would offer it to you guys first.
I have posted it on craigslist. but have got no bites as yet.

Give me another week or two and I'll see what I can put together as far as cash is concerned. Mama likes the extra 2 inches she gained the other day when I installed the 83 trunk rack on my 82. Now I can use my back rest when she rides at the same time. Now it's time for a better seat.

Does that one have the gel inserts? I don't remember seeing that mentioned.

hiya Bagmaster,
I think I'm gonna keep the seat.
after riding without it for a couple weeks I put it back on this weekend, and put a 100 miles on it.
I like it for myself, and the wife has a new job thats gonna keep her busy on 3rd shift so not much riding for her.
sorry bro.

Well, I kinda want a new seat, but I might regret it later. I have an TravelCade, which I think is a Saddlemen aftermarket seat in a previous incarnation.
Dennis Kirk recently had a single, Saddelmen, non-"road sofa" version at a price barely over $100, but it's probably gone by now, and I might already have it, so I hesitated.
My seat gets pretty confining after 90 minutes but, on the other hand, unless I'm after an IronButt designation, I probably ought to stop every 90 minutes or so anyway.
Maybe I'll get a new one when I'm rich! :lol:

Latest posts