Newbie need help.(con rod bearings)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imbicile88

Reaction score
I have been looking for connecting rod bearings 13223-371-003 and 13217-371-003. 4 pcs each. my bike have not been running for 3 years now. :beg: GL1000 1977. Please advise. i have been looking high and low for it. will honda reproduce it? help please...

(thread moved and titled edited-aapple)

Hmmm......The only thing that might happen is a Honda dealer having some as old stock somewhere, or an old honda repair shop, but this would be very unlikely. You will probably have to replace the motor with another one, if everything else has been exhausted looking for them.

Thanx Paul.

I've bought couple of conrods come with the bearings. most are either not reusable or came with different color code. Some without colors...due to wear and tear. was hoping if there is someone who can reproduce it..i dont mind aftermarket. i heard there is shop in german that can fabricate them..but i just cant locate them. :(

Yes, that is excatly the point, to many clolor codes to match to get all of them right for your crank. I don't know of any place that reproduces them becasue of to many factors in the different sizes of the cranks that were made, thus leading all of us into misery. I hope you can get lucky and find a good used motor, and if all possible, hear it run before purchase, or like they say, it's a 50/50 gamble.

I do not have any good info on where to get bearings, but would like to welcome you to the site from across the world in New Jersey! :clapping:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110653#p110653:x0vyod4x said:
backyardtrouble » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm[/url]":x0vyod4x]
Yes, that is excatly the point, to many clolor codes to match to get all of them right for your crank. I don't know of any place that reproduces them becasue of to many factors in the different sizes of the cranks that were made, thus leading all of us into misery. I hope you can get lucky and find a good used motor, and if all possible, hear it run before purchase, or like they say, it's a 50/50 gamble.

i was away when i bought the bike. I love to ride them again...trusted the seller. When i got back, service the norms and battery.....and started to hear knockings and white smoke.Got really pissed.. Stripped down the engine at my own time...and here i am.

Thnx Paul.

hmmmm is this the same deal as steve 83 had going on maybe it seems the connecting rod bearing are different in that one side has holes and the other side don't this may be your deal ... steve found out that the only difference was the hole .. and he used them .. his motor seems to be super sweet so don't give up yet ... lets see if he chimes in on this thread ...I am sure he will

brianinpa":2cz2tq31 said:
Welcome to Classics from half a world away. Singapore... a FINE City! really enjoyed myself every time I was there :salute:
:music: :thanks: :salute:
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110656#p110656:2cz2tq31 said:
joedrum » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 pm[/url]":2cz2tq31]
try https://www.wingovations.com/

First, welcome from SouthernCalifornia, glad you found us! I rebuilt my '83 1100 using drilled rod bearings on all 4. Could not find the solid ones anywhere, and I was concerned about excessive oil consumption from over-oiling the right-side cylinders (originally un-drilled bearings). So far, no smoke and the plugs are clean. Maybe the new rings are better at controlling oil than the originals...

Several suppliers have blue or yellow code bearings, but your browns seem to be scarce. Keep the faith, you'll find 'em!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110671#p110671:2i6lz8qi said:
Steve83 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:38 am[/url]":2i6lz8qi]
First, welcome from SouthernCalifornia, glad you found us! I rebuilt my '83 1100 using drilled rod bearings on all 4. Could not find the solid ones anywhere, and I was concerned about excessive oil consumption from over-oiling the right-side cylinders (originally un-drilled bearings). So far, no smoke and the plugs are clean. Maybe the new rings are better at controlling oil than the originals...

Several suppliers have blue or yellow code bearings, but your browns seem to be scarce. Keep the faith, you'll find 'em!

Greetings, Steve.
I will never give up, do you think used bearings are good? That is the only options now. Wandering why honda did not reproduce it. There are many enthusiasts like myself...keen to ride this beast again. Its quite sad.

Used might work if you can find them. Best if you can find new. Possibly from older honda or toyota cars? I'd be looking at crank sizes for the car motors and the styles of bearings. There must be other motors that used the same bearings.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=110807#p110807:389z1y8s said:
slabghost » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:16 am[/url]":389z1y8s]
Used might work if you can find them. Best if you can find new. Possibly from older honda or toyota cars? I'd be looking at crank sizes for the car motors and the styles of bearings. There must be other motors that used the same bearings.

Thank you. I will look for it. In anycase if you find ..please let me know. Thank you again.

Latest posts