Newbie to this site

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 Pipes Smokin'

Reaction score
Stumbled onto this site from another forum. Seems like that's the way I operate. I have a 85 GL1200 LTD that I've owned for a little less than 2 years. 90k on the odometer. Haven't done much as it's in pretty good condition. I did replace both front and rear tires with Pirelli MT66's which eliminated the dreaded 35mph deceleration wobble. First time that happened (with the old tires) I thought I was hitting the pavement for sure. Felt better after I changed my underware! :head bang: I also own a 82 Magna V45 and a '76 Kaw S3a 400cc 2 stroke triple. First bike as a teenager, 1966 Bridgestone 90. Ah, the good old days.

Welcome to the forum, yea..They run well for a long time, maybe look at replacing the timing belts, you wouldn't want one to break. Good bunch of folks here.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Welcome from Southern California! I've been putting together an '85 LTD fuel injected engine for several months, now I just need to find sometging to put it in! Enjoy yours!

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area .... I had a non running v45 and a running 84 700 .. loved the 700 but after being on the wing it was like sitting on a tricycle after riding a 2 wheeler.. my arms and legs didn't feel right when riding.. but that was seat of the pants info

Yes welcome!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119845#p119845:39ccur7f said:
charles franz » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 am[/url]":39ccur7f]
Welcome, You will enjoy this site!!

Yep, we all enjoy Joel's stories about buying a new rear tire every week. :smilie_happy:

Latest posts