Newbie with 3 Wings

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mortiki

Reaction score
Howdy all from south Arkansas. Says to post about me and/or my bike. that would be a LONG post.I drive a log truck now because I like it. I trained as a fitter/welder/QV/engineer for nuke plant construction(not many going up ATM). I was also trained in plumbing, Electrical, and AC&R. I grew up building houses with stepfather in Houston and Phoenix and rebuilding cars.

Three years ago while in union i convinced wife to get Ultra harley. A month later I quit union and we started own trucking company but Harley always burned us and when me truck locked up and wrecked I called them to come get it. I started driving for someone else(less headaches)and got my GL 500. Wife wanted one she could drive so we got Scoobie. She got papers and wanted to upgrade and along comes Johnny(Johnny Reb). While I had Silver tore down to frame we got Streak.

Last month we found a couple bikes in different states that we liked and got Bella from La. and Trixie the next day from pine bluff. Bella runs good but has slight miss at idle from #4 and Trixie had high RPM cutout and bad exhaust leak. Seafoam took care of cutout and welded up leak. Now working on Trixies electrical system but have to keep wife off it to do it.

Silver is almost back to running and Streak is coming apart to be remade. Poor ol Scoobie just gets to sit and wait.

Long enough, Enjoy the site all. Will add the `83's when I get them from other comp.

Attachments

• Silverwing nov08 002.jpg
    Silverwing nov08 002.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 216
  • CX 10-25-09-1a.jpg
    CX 10-25-09-1a.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 219
  • rebel dec 20,08 005.jpg
    rebel dec 20,08 005.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 219
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Real nice bikes ya got there! My first Honda experience was on my cousin's CX500 back in '83. I thought the power equaled any 750 around at the time!

Here are the wings I have now.

Attachments

• motor cycles 008.jpg
    motor cycles 008.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 211
  • motor cycles 001.jpg
    motor cycles 001.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 212
  • motor cycles 006.jpg
    motor cycles 006.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 212
Thank ya'll, I did not install those fishtails PO did but I do like them now that I heard em. I do not like being stranded at home so I keep things in multiples. I have Silver under construction and Bella as main ATM but this winter I will have Bella stripped and have Silver for nice weather. Wife has Johnny ATM with Trixie being worked on but I am gonna drop Streak so she can have it as a backup next year. One or two is always under a wrench and with my workload it takes a while to get them back on the road.

I appreciate the info on this site and all the knowledge ya'll share, keep up the good work and having fun.

Welcome to the CGW forums, mortiki!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That's quite a herd ya got there!!! Sweeeet! :good:

mortiki":ws3ocz8h said:
Thank ya'll, I did not install those fishtails PO did but I do like them now that I heard em. I do not like being stranded at home so I keep things in multiples. I have Silver under construction and Bella as main ATM but this winter I will have Bella stripped and have Silver for nice weather. Wife has Johnny ATM with Trixie being worked on but I am gonna drop Streak so she can have it as a backup next year. One or two is always under a wrench and with my workload it takes a while to get them back on the road.

I appreciate the info on this site and all the knowledge ya'll share, keep up the good work and having fun.
Hello mortiki.any chance you can send me some pics on you pips.would like to change mine.how do thay sound?

they sound like GW but throaty and not too loud. Ill take pics of them shortly but be warned. Trixie has light bars like yours with the wraparound bumper and by my measurements the tails will hit the bumper. Cannot see lights on Trixie due to voyager kit so gonna swap them to Bella but need to fix the fitment problem.

Here are some better shots of them.

If you made your own you could make the header pipe about 4 inches longer and have tails out past bumper.

Attachments

• P1030646.jpg
    P1030646.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 184
  • P1030647.jpg
    P1030647.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 189
  • P1030648.jpg
    P1030648.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 183
thats cool.ive been racking my brains out tryng to figer out what i want. :head bang: :swoon: .seen a guy on youyube that has 4 stright pips on his(would like to have 4 pips coming out the back with fish tails on them. :swoon: .then im thinking of trying a set of rineharts.thay sound so sweet :music3: oh and cant wate to see your bike to.

my first bike was a 81 cx500 i traded a mustang for. Now 5 years latter i just traded my sweet gmc safari for a 81 goldwing..i love these bike's!!!

Latest posts