Newbies need help!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1burthabutt

Reaction score
:help: We need a new resavor(sp) for the front brakes on our '83 GW 1100I. Does anyone know where to get one for a good price or what will interchange with it? Does anyone know if they are copper gaskets in the exhaust? Do they normally leak? Are they available? If so where is a good place to buy them besides a dealer? :thanks: Mary

where is it leaking between the muffler and the headers or right under the head where the header bolts on?

Hello Mary,

First, why would you want to buy your parts from anyone else other than a Honda dealer? If you buy original parts from anyone else, they've only purchased them from Honda and are reselling them to you. Also, if you buy an aftermarket part, you don't always get what you paid for.

For your front brake fluid reservoir, go here and look at part #6. As you can see, there's a price listed for that part which means it's still available from Honda. Lucky you. If you see a part with "Call for Price" in the price column, that's 'Honda speak' for "We don't make it any more." For your exhaust gaskets go here and look at item #1 and #5. Again, lucky you, they're still available.

May I suggest that when buying from a Honda 'On-Line' dealer, always buy from Western Honda of Phoenix as they consistently have the lowest 'On-Line' prices of any Honda dealer. (In the link above, note that I've selected the page for your year GL.)

When you buy from Honda, you'll find that their shipping isn't always inexpensive. So, when making a purchase, consider picking up several other small items to offset the shipping e.g., plugs, fuel filter, fuel line etc.

Placerville is right I too needed some small parts and he told me about western honda
and they have everything that I need and they are oem which to me is good if it
lasted for thirty years the next ones are going to I always buy from the dealer
even for my cars I would rather pay the higher price for the right parts that fit.

Nice tip, Placerville! :mrgreen:

My local dealer is a greedy A-hole! Recently checked the price on a relay with him and a Canadian dealer friend and my friend said the dealer was quoting 50% over suggested retail, in US dollars! :rant: Mother-F....

The local dealer was VERY expensive! They also wanted to wait a month before working on it due to putting new stock together. We contacted a different make dealer which was cheaper and got us in the same day. He was going to do this job his self and wanted to save a few bucks so we could redo more on the bike. She is a good bike that is in need of some tlc! We have already started treating her good by a much needed cleaning and getting her out and about. Thanks for the tip on the site. I will pass it on to him.

Latest posts