Nut size ?????

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
:cool!: I had post way back about this and can't seem to find it but, I seem to have lost a Header Nut on the right side exhaust header an was wondering if anyone knew what size they were ??? for some reason 13 mm is sticking out in my mind but can't remember also do the metric's have different threads (# per inch) as do the standards ??
Thanks Winger 82 :help: :hi:

I assume you're talking about the stud size? I don't have anything to measure with here at home, but I just went out and "eyeballed" it and I would guess it's a 10mm stud with a 1.50mm thread pitch.

Now, whatever size wrench it takes to tighten the nut will vary. 13mm, 14mm....?

:cool!: Thanks scdmarx , yeah was looking for the stud size , don't know how the nut would have turned off it's not a Harley :hi:

Winger 82":1jnnb8wn said:
Joep":1jnnb8wn said:
BOLT, STUD (8X43)
(8X43) 81092-001

I am assuming that 81092-001 is the part # would this be the bolt & thread size (8X43) ??
Winger 82

It's 8 mm diameter x 43 mm long.

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I keep forgetting you blokes don't live in a metric country :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Mate, just go to a hardware store and buy a M8 nut, it will fit :cool:

:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

yea i bet this thread gave yiu quite a :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

thats why we need you around to keep us straiti mean metric :heat:

it was good of you to put us in our place :?: :?: :cheeky: dave

have one on us :beer:

:cool!: Boy did not think I would raise such a big stink over my lost nut size, thanks for all the concern guys :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

scdmarx":2ko4mfe2 said:
Don't worry Winger 82, most of us don't know our TORX sizes either.

TORX are easy to learn, all you need is one of these to play with
yes5.jpg

and lots spare $ :cool:

scdmarx":a3lqu1qd said:
Don't worry Winger 82, most of us don't know our TORX sizes either.

I KNOW MY TORX SIZES! :rtfm:

They are 1, uh 2, uuuuhhh 4? Is that torqe sizes??? I know, I know, better read up on it! :fiddle: :oops: :oops:

Joep":2nwb7etk said:
Torx... isn't that when yyou take horsepower to overcome friction and place an object in motion????

Nah, torx is that thing you use to weld and cut steel.

dan filipi":k6396bce said:
Joep":k6396bce said:
Torx... isn't that when yyou take horsepower to overcome friction and place an object in motion????

Nah, torx is that thing you use to weld and cut steel.

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Dan your killin me here, you sure your not from that there hill country?? :party: :party: :party:

If it makes you all feel better I'm still working out these spanners that fit two different sizes.
The one that fits 1 and 2 I can live with but the one that fits both 7 and 16 looks way smaller than the one that fits 9 and 16, how does that work ????? and how can the same drill be size 1 and 8 ????? I bet the bloke that invented these things was the same joker that put the steering wheel on the wrong side of your cars :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: 8 MM standard pitch & a lock washer has done the trick :good: :good: :good:
thanks guys
Winger 82 :hi: