Odd mufflers?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupperdoo

Reaction score
Anyone familiar w/JAMA GW exhaust systems? Newly aquired 77 is so equipped.Apparently full system,headers to tips.Bike was dirty and I thought pipes were just deteriorated but looking closer,they appear to be badly discolored stainless.Gold and blue like overheated headers,and even muffle tips are blued on last inch or 2.
Bike runs OK,but exhaust sounds tinny.
I'm trying to figure how you ever get the whole system hot enough to"blue"
Sign me,Exhaust baffled :(

Stainless steel holds/transfers heat longer than carbon steel. That might explain the extent of the bluing. Might also have run rich at some point, and it was burning fuel in the pipes. Who knows....
Got any pics? :beg:

yupperdoo":2wwq29sh said:
Sign me,Exhaust baffled :(

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

if the aftermarket exhaust is thin walled it would certainly blue I know the pipes on my old CB750 was as blue as the Gastank!! I used to paint them once or twice a year to hide it

I'd like to see pics of it myself. Maybe you should clean them up and use gun bluing on them for that "special" look?

Back in 75 I had a new BMW ,, the headers would turn black but if you would keep clean and waxed it would help..Now on this 82 wing i never had that happen..Any way you all have a good and safe on..Later....