Oil leak

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deblak

Reaction score
I have an oil leak coming from inside the timing belt covers. It is coming from what looks like some kind of core plug. It is on the right side just above the right belt tentioner. I replaced the front cam seals and the crankshaft seal thinking that is what was leaking. Can I just unscrew the plug and put thread sealer on it and screw it back in? Thanks , Dwight

Wish I could do that Dan but the plug is stuck and where the flat head screwdriver goes in is all stripped out. Am going to try a hamer and chisil to try and loosen it up. I was told that this plug has an O ring on it. Thanks for your reply. Dwight

deblak":62xv904v said:
I was told that this plug has an O ring on it. Dwight

I checked the parts fiche and yes it does!
(Learn something new every day.)

Fiche says that plug is discontinued by the way.
If you need one let me know. I have a case half here I could pull it from.

dan filipi":c3nf6nzc said:
deblak":c3nf6nzc said:

Dan, your a regular parts house! :smilie_happy: :salute:

mcgovern61":1ixq6v05 said:
dan filipi":1ixq6v05 said:
deblak":1ixq6v05 said:

Dan, your a regular parts house! :smilie_happy: :salute:

Yeah no kidding!
I have a lot of parts, enough to make up about 1-1/2 full faired 1100's.
Sure would be nice to have the garage back.

Well got the plug out this past saturday with the help of an impact driver. The plug was like glued in or something. Maybe someone put alot of grease on it and over the years it got very hard and dry, The O ring was in bad shape and you could see where it was leaking around it but the plug was stuck tight. I got another plug from JBZ over at the Naked Goldwing sight. I have gotten parts from him before. Dan I realy appreaciate the offer of the plug but JB offered first. He is the one that told me it had an O ring. Got my new O ring from Honda today and will put it in this weekend. I have already replaced the front cam seals and the crank seal.so should be good for another 30 years LOL. Anyway thanks for your help. Dwight

Latest posts