Old Newbie wanderin through

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yupperdoo

Reaction score
Been rider for 40+yrs.,Started w/a CL90L(5hp) :shock: Main ride at present is a 97Valkyrie 1500 Tourer,but w/limited mobility and a good workshop,started gathering up a few misc vintage Hondas,kinda by type and"refreshing" them.Don't have the $$ to do true full restorations,but I can make em run and look nice.(Types)-
Flat 6,- Valkyrie,yel/blk Bumblebee,14K mi
Transverse 4s-Pr of 750 Hondamatic 750s,one very nice OEM,the other a project
10 Spd- CB900C,OEM,very nice,low mileage
V4-And if the Valk is too slow :shock: ,A VF 1100 Magna will getcher heart thumpin
Transverse V-twin-Currently dickering on a nice Silverwing 650
Why here-just aquired a couple GL1000s,Yellow 76,Blk78,both nekkid,although with em I got a set of Samsonite(3)and a rack and pair of Bates bags,but they're rough and mildewy from basement living,
Next,the search for a big single
Sunny days and smooth Roads :thank_you:

Welcome aboard !! You will fit right in - Most of us have a half dozen bikes !!

Waiting on pictures !!

Welcome to the CGW Forums, yupperdoo!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanx gang,nice to feel wanted/strike that
insert accepted :)
Pics an issue for now,have some on my special secret online location...but gotta be conversant a bit before I can link em.
O-tay,I goofed,newest Wing is a 77,not 78....I shall chastize myself in due time.
No Twins? Not yet, Seeking just the right CB/CL450 or a 450 Hondamatic...V-twins are of no inteest to me(too new/too generic)Single if found will prolly be a early Ascot 500,Would like a V65 Sabre to go with the Magna.I think both were made to cull the well to do youngsters from the herd as they are SPOOKY quick and fast.
Gotta go,sister is here to nag me.....Gotta remember what buttons of hers to push in self defense.

I have a few twins. A virago 700 and a vulcan 700 are the V twins. And I have a KZ750 inline twin and a CB200 twin also inline. i agree a big single thumper would be nice.

Garsh,I ain't seen a Beezer since I was a pup.Never was a dealer anywhere near here.I recall a buddy had a big one lunger from family in Chicago(Prolly Stolen),that always seemed to blow oil,and in the days of white duck jeans,semed to be a filthy beast :p
Been a couple Snortin Nortons,Trumpets and even Royal Enfields in the area over the years but Beezer population was low.(might have been hard to breed with only one :)

yupperdoo":29u75k40 said:
Thanx gang,nice to feel wanted/strike that
insert accepted :)
Pics an issue for now,have some on my special secret online location...but gotta be conversant a bit before I can link em.
O-tay,I goofed,newest Wing is a 77,not 78....I shall chastize myself in due time.
No Twins? Not yet, Seeking just the right CB/CL450 or a 450 Hondamatic...V-twins are of no inteest to me(too new/too generic)Single if found will prolly be a early Ascot 500,Would like a V65 Sabre to go with the Magna.I think both were made to cull the well to do youngsters from the herd as they are SPOOKY quick and fast.
Gotta go,sister is here to nag me.....Gotta remember what buttons of hers to push in self defense.

Ive got a V65 Sabre that I will be selling in the near future 55 K Kilometers on it = 33 K miles in mint condition The Real Widowmaker!! this is not just a fast bike, its Fast among other V65's and yes they do cull the herd - I heard of one case where the kid totaled it on his way home from buying it new!

Attachments

• V65 Sabre.jpeg
    V65 Sabre.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 57