Ole Betsie's new tail project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful...functionable...and ready for the road.

Try to keep the tongue weight about 15 lbs or you might feel a wobble in the handle bars when you crest a hill or slow down.

Keep an eye on those fenders. I did 1,200 miles on my first run with HF trailer like that and when I examined the trailer the next day, both fenders had fatigue cracks where they were bolted to the trailer.
Good thing I was at where I was going or they might of fallen off while going down the road..

Take it out for a few hours and report back how it feels to you...when I first started my trip, the first few miles were a little unnerving because I wasn't use to the extra drag, but by the time I logged a few hours, I hardly knew it was back there...

Have fun with it...=)
Good job..

Thank you for the info.
Since this trailer had rust from tongue to taillights- I had to grind all the rust away and the fenders were cracked. I welded some steel support behind each fender and bolt holes.

As you say the first hundred miles or so are a liitle unnerving-after that I did not even know it was back there. This was the first time I had a trailer behind me with a bike.
I went from Ohio to Sturgis and back-- 3313 miles round trip.

I did not make the tongue any longer and I feel fine with it the way it is.
Great little trailer that holds a lot of stuff-tent, clothes,tools etc....

Latest posts