Ordered new Road Sofa today.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joedrum":yhbv7yuu said:
As soon as ican im getting one looks great . how much did it cost and where did you order from joedrum

I bought it right from saddleman.It was about $500.00 but that is with the saddlegel inserts,rear pad cover and back rest witch they say if you want it you have to order it with the seat.

AApple":89in3jyk said:
I'd love to have a sweet butt cushion like a Road Sofa, but I also like the folding backrest I have. I see the Sofa has a built in backrest, that, I assume, just slides on/off. How does that work? Is the seat that sturdy that it can have a bracket for the b-rest to fit into without flexing? And, does the bracketry for that create a "hard spot" for the passenger? Is the b-rest adjustable up/down fwd/backward?
Inquiring minds want to know! :?

The back rest both folds out of the way,and just slides straight up and off.
It snaps in into any one of three height positions,and adjust for and back with thumb screws as mentioned above.
The bracket for the back rest sinks straight down and is fastened tight to the pan of the seat.Seems very solid,but I wont get a chance to install the seat untell tomorow.

Attachments

• seat 001.JPG
    seat 001.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 117
  • seat 003.JPG
    seat 003.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 120
  • seat 004.JPG
    seat 004.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 122
  • seat 002.JPG
    seat 002.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 120
  • trailor and plate 004.JPG
    trailor and plate 004.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 118
Got it on today.Feels good sitting in the barn,feels a little taller,will have to readjust the handle bars a bit.But it will be awhile untell I can get some time on it as you can see.

Attachments

• seat 003.JPG
    seat 003.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 117
  • seat 004.JPG
    seat 004.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 119
In 1993, when I bought my wing, the old seat had 18000 miles on it. I purchased a Diamond Custom because the original was just plain worn out. Well, last spring I sent it back to Diamond and had them redo it. New foam and new cover were just what was needed. They did a great job. I put about 60000 miles on the first Diamond and figure the new version just may be the last seat I buy for this bike. :salute:

Tory":2i9t9bfh said:
Got it on today.Feels good sitting in the barn,feels a little taller,will have to readjust the handle bars a bit.But it will be awhile untell I can get some time on it as you can see.

I don't know 'bout that buster...I can see a little strip of pavement out there in that snowy pic you sent. :salute:

I ripped the exhaust off mine yesterday. The rights side came off in 2 pieces. The metal at the head/muffler joint was all gone. I did run it around the block one more time before I tore it up. 9 degrees outside at about 8pm est when I did it.

Latest posts