Our "Classic Goldwings" might be "Antique Goldwings"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hee hee... well, my dad was a rather substantial practitioner in the field, and he vested upon me very impressionable lessons. One was that how laws, statutes, and regulations are written, is not the same as how they are enforced, referring refernced, or implemented. I would not be surprised I'd there's guys with Antique tags, but they don't show up on vehicles that see much road time. At one be point, Dad had three Model A Fords, a 48 Willys Overland, a Porsche 914 included in his stable, but he never applied antique plates to any, because if the operational restrictions... he only has the 29 A now, and still uses regular plates... I'm certain that he's kept it that way because he feels the benefits of one outweigh the disadvantages of the other. I'll ask him next time we have lunch.

Enforcement is always a crapshoot. It doesn't matter what the law says, it matters what the cop think it says.

Only thing you can do is nod, accept the ticket, show up in court and have the judge throw it out.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=213829#p213829:1r1rt2ta said:
saganaga » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:43 am[/url]":1r1rt2ta]
Enforcement is always a crapshoot. It doesn't matter what the law says, it matters what the cop think it says.

Only thing you can do is nod, accept the ticket, show up in court and have the judge throw it out.
:yes: :good:

saganaga":ke0lqcr1 said:

Doesn't hurt to have a copy of the statute to humbly show the officer. Most don't feel court is a good use of their time.

Latest posts