Parts for Gl 1200

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherryhair

Reaction score
Hello. I just finish riding the Alaskan Highway on my Gl 1200. It was from smooth to rough. since it was rough I now need replacement parts that the dealer has stated to me are discontinued.

Does anyone know where I am able to find/ buy a new u-joint for the drive shaft? Also I need to rebuild the front fork anti-dive units, where may I be able to find/buy these units.

All help appreciated.

Cherryhair

Welcome aboard! If memory serves the "U" joint is not replaceable but part of the driveshaft. Ebay has good used ones occasionally and there may be a member here that has what you need. I know nothing at all about the antidive units but have heard good things about progressive springs in the forks.

If memory serves there is just 1 or 2 O rings in the anti dive. I cleaned mine up and reassembled with new O rings.
I didn't notice much difference but I always have had Progressive springs so my judgement isn't really fair, that and they may have been doing something before I did the work.

Latest posts