Powder Paint Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuna boy

Reaction score
I buy small quantities of powder paint for fishing lures. You heat a jig head with a heat gun, dip in powder and hit with the heat gun again to smooth out the paint. Could I do the same for my valve covers on my 1100?. How would I get the powder on evenly before the final warm up?
Where could I buy powder paint in larger quantities? The fishing lure powder paint is $9 for 2 ounces.
If I need to bake the valve covers in the wife's oven how much will it smell up the house.
Thx
Tuna

Been told she WON"T LIKE IT, :nea: smell's supposed to be pretty bad, even with an exhaust fan going, & wife gone for the day, house will reek, when she returns. :hi: Friend has an old stove in the garage, & uses that, with a fan for exhaust, to do weapons powder coat, & blueing. :builder: Says stink is still BAD, but house does not smell. :salute:

How about using my gas grill? Pretty easy to control the temp and I could toss in some hickory chips after the powder to kill the smell. Thinking that maybe the fumes are toxic??
Might have to consider spray paint with an oven bake @ 250 degrees after the spray. Have done this on BMW twin valve covers and worked good.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161792#p161792:3ryz6paz said:
dan filipi » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:37 am[/url]":3ryz6paz]
Using a grill or house oven I'd be concerned about cooking in it after but used grills could be had cheap also. Use it only for cooking the paint.
and if the powder is flammable :doh: