rim qustion

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratch99

Reaction score
Hello Members. :hi: ok so today I orderd a custom seat(honda seat thats been recoverd) for the old girl.Its used but really nice looking seat. :laptop: on ebay.and went out to the bike to see how its going to look and dam :head bang: bouth front seals are leacking :builder: ,havent riden her much this summer( :cheeky: pay back for not ridding her :smilie_happy: ).Im also looking at a custom front fender i want to get its called a gangster fender ,really cool the tire sits all the way up into it(wont be abel to see the top of the tire or rim ).I ges my qustion is I am running a 18" rim up front now.(was trying to fine a 16" rim to fit but no luck)Now im thinking of going to a taller rim.I know that some goldwing had a 19"comstar and was woundering if that will fit my 82.are the roters and calipers the same size?the fender is 4.5"wide so i dont think i can run a 120 will have to go with a 110/90/19 :beg: but thinking a larger rim would like nicer.

The 19" '81 comstar will fit, I had one in my '82 for awhile before I put the '82 wheels back on with new tires. The '82 rotors are vented and the '81's are solid. Otherwise, they are the same outside diameter. I am using '81 calipers on '82 rotors attached to I think '81-'82 forks. The bolt patterns are the same where the calipers attach.

mcgovern61":1kv04ucg said:
The 19" '81 comstar will fit, I had one in my '82 for awhile before I put the '82 wheels back on with new tires. The '82 rotors are vented and the '81's are solid. Otherwise, they are the same outside diameter. I am using '81 calipers on '82 rotors attached to I think '81-'82 forks. The bolt patterns are the same where the calipers attach.
Thank you mcgovern.that is cool.I will check out ebay for one.

the only other thing i know scatch is that the 19" wheel is narrower than the 18" and tire selection sucks for this wheel to some degree ....i think you better look into this a little more and make sure you want it .....i was glad to get rid of it on my bike....but ido a lot of gravel roads and the skinny 19"tire was a nightmare...

The standard Comstar wheel for the 1980-81 was 2.50x19" that will fit a 120/90/19' tire.
I replaced the front wheel with a 2.15x19" wheel, and installed a 100/90/19" Dunlop 404
and this lightened up the front end to give it a lighter, quicker, more sporty feel.
Hondaman

Thanks guys.maybe i should get the finder first and see how it fits over the tire (120)and go from there.its 4.50"wide so not sure if the 120 will fit.im guessing im going to need a 110 and the two of them come in 19" to.thanks for the help :thanks:

Latest posts