Second Interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zjnwing

Reaction score
So back to riding after 20+ years. Had an '81 Interstate given to me last November and have added 3k miles to it through the winter.

I started riding when I was 13. I have ridden American, British, Italian, and Japanese, and the best has been the Goldwing. Last Wing was the same as this one '81 Interstate, Burgundy, I put over 120k on the last one, want to put 250k on this one (item on my bucket list).

Any way I find the internet a very good way to meet people with the same interests that I have and to have good conversations.

Ride on.

Mike

No matter where you go, there you are.

Hey Mike, welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

Don't let Joe kidd ya, he has a sorta '79 GL1050! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: Just ask him!

Yeah his is a mongrel wings.. some of this year half of that year some more of this other year... looks good and oneday would like to see it in person.. Welcome to the forum... lots of info on tap and tap someone else for additional info... we all will offer advice, insist on advice, encourage, and just pipe in with opinions ... all in fun and fellowship.. from North TEXAS DFW area

Welcome from MI,Yeah joedrum's wing is put together with the best of each year,I always said a good ole mutt is better than a pure bread anyday.

As long as you are putting on all those miles,stop by and say hi to all of us.Alot of great riding in MI,more coastline than any other state (excluding alaska)

my my my i guess you guys have it going on here since the last time i look , i guess i do have the heinze 57 gl 79-80-81-82-83- goldwing model they were all good yrs and i just wanted them all at the same time , it wasnt easy but i got them all in one bike im happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joedrum":1zlt2me4 said:
my my my i guess you guys have it going on here since the last time i look , i guess i do have the heinze 57 gl 79-80-81-82-83- goldwing model they were all good yrs and i just wanted them all at the same time , it wasnt easy but i got them all in one bike im happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe, I am glad you are happy! It is fun to ride! But doesn't that make it a GL1050-7980123? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

fastmover83":32c0n2zy said:
Don't let them get to you Joe, Your liven Johnny Cash's dream and their just jealous.

Oh yeah, I get it. The song about the Chevy this bloke stole off the production line "One Piece At A Time" mostly in his over size lunch box over about ten years or so :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I'm gunna imigrate to the US of A and get me next Harley the same way :smilie_happy: of course if it takes 30 years of parts it will still be a current model Harley :smilie_happy:

i think joep wins the name contest ... i like the dressed mongrel .... im going to keep working on it till its fully dressed .... iguess its the half dressed mongrel now... :smilie_happy: :yahoo: ... thanks for the new name joep :thank_you:

yes i would like to have some vetter bags for my bike , so where is jenera ohio , im in southern indiana about 60 miles east of louisville ky...i greatly appreiciate the offer nakedtob my bike could wear a pair of vetters nicely and looking good in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thank_you: this is just great the vetter bags are what i want for the mongrel

im about 100mls. south of indinapolis so were not that far apart you must be close to interstate 71 i guess

iwill get with you soon and send PM and again :thank_you: nakedtob

Joep":3ps2jzd0 said:
all the GM's look the same to them.. give him a break!!!

:) and have interchangable parts with Aussie GM's from 1948 to 2010 (engines, diffs, gearbox suspention and steering and in the case of 73' Stingray the floor pan is from a 72' family 4 door we call the HQ :clapping:

Latest posts