Shorter Throttle Cables

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronko37

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the winter I put some shorter handle bars on the ol 76 and was wondering if anyone knew the specs on some other hondas that maybe have shorter push/pull throttle cables that I could use. The originals are ok, I can get them out of the way and all but the return on the throttle doesnt have that quick snap back. I am thinking that perhaps some cables for a CB would be shorter and would maybe be more appropriate now for this machine. Does anyone know the specs on these cable lengths? Im thinkin I may need to be 4"-6" shorter or so...

:thanks:

I think i used a set from a suzuki dirtbike that worked perfectly. I put 2" rise bars on my naked wing. Let me dig up what i used....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throttle cable = suzuki DRZ400, other applications as well. Cant find the clutch cable i used but i bet u could find one pretty easy.

Thanks a lot. I went from the stock bars which are about 6" rise to 2.5" rise so I would like to shorten the cables up by 4"-6" I think. The throttle does return, but it just doesnt snap back like I want it too with pushing all that extra cable around the bend.

Thanks for the response...

Btw, i also used a different throttle tube/housing, also from same suzuki. And im going single carb. So your setup may be different with oem carbs