Smaller Motorcycle trailer

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstsix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got rid of my 31 foot Queen Mary couple years ago and my Diesel truck , found a light 18ft Tailgate i just had to have and it pulled really good with my 3/4 ton Van Gas motor, the 6 speed trans and low rear gear made all the difference in pulling up the mountains 500 miles back from Buffalo NY last weekend ,And had to go see Niagara Falls and spent the night in it , Heater worked like a champ LOL, Hoping to start making my rounds around the country again this year, Gonna put both my bikes in it and head to Americade this year in the usual rain , Gonna stay dry this time on the way !! LOL :roll: Queen Mary botom picture

Think the 6 speed came out in 2011 ? my van is a 2015 , It has a gear select on the column shift lever that has a lockout to any gear 1-6 , so you can hold steady up hill and not upshift at all unless next gear is selected , But with the Tow Haul button pushed also it will lock out 6th gear period and automatically change the Rpm shift at higher RPM and only use 1-5 towing , 5th gear at 65 mph was 2000 rpm and it kicked down into 4th Up all the grades and held min 55 mph no problem, gas millage was10-11 , but it was Up and Down hills all the way home , like to see how the MPG would be on the flat desert long pulls, i got 12 mpg in my Cummins Dodge pulling 12000 lbs but Diesel fuel was always much more expensive 2.13 gal vs 2.70. gal https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/ve ... _6l90.html

Both nice looking rigs. I take it that the bikes fit in the van. :headscratch:

Bikes fit in the rear of the trailer, has about 9 ft of cargo space everything folds up and has tie downs on the floor
P1540124.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188836#p188836:2oy41ftw said:
Fstsix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 pm[/url]":2oy41ftw]
Bikes fit in the rear of the trailer, has about 9 ft of cargo space everything folds up and has tie downs on the floor
P1540124.jpg
That's even better. :good: :salute: