So now that I'm keeping the wing, what next??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a few months of waiting for parts, My wing is back on the road and runs really well. I've got a light pop on the left side at idle from one carb, so I'll see about that tomorrow after the bike cools down. But off idle throttle response is great and it has lots O power now and no bogging down due to leaking fuel at the manifold. It does have some old gas in it, so hoping a tank or two of new fuel will help too.

Happy Girl.

Only thing left to do is replace the fan switch, which I have and solder a broken wire in the tail Vetter bag. Its really nice to have a bike that runs well again, without the bogging or racing idle. Sweet bike

Thank you everyone for your help..

They deteriorate slowly and it is only after a major refresh that you realise how much. Great to hear that your bike is running well again. :good:

It really is amazing just how much better it runs now. Its been at least 5 years, ok probably longer since it ran so well. Plus no smoke on startup now, which is a big plus.

Latest posts