So, you want to go to Tasmania ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiegold

Supporting Member
Reaction score
first thing to do is to fit some bags to your favourite LTD...
image.php

then , get yourself down to Melbourne, Victoria. in my case this means a six hour ride , enduring gusting winds, rain , sleet and
more........ the big red ship in the background is the overnight ferry to Tasmania.
image.php

and here we are waiting in line to be directed onto the boat. loading is quite quick and i could not wait to get on board to get out of the cold cold wind. ( this trip has not been one of my better ideas, so far )
image.php

and here is one of the friendly stevedores securing the beast for the night. oh, here's a tip. it is not recommended to give advice on the best way to tie your bike down.... any such advice is met with a steely stare....... so, just go straight up to the bar. everybody
is much happier that way..... :smilie_happy: more to come. i am in Hobart at the moment..
image.php

Nice looking bike, :yes: crash bars are not attractive but put them on if not on when i buy a scooter. :good: When tying down, i use the frame, rather than handle bars, :headscratch: but lots of guys use the bars with no issues. Important thing is getting there intact!!! :thank_you:

What an Aussie male that can't take advice!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
I hope that you aren't getting the cold snap that we are getting atm as you might end up with snow in the apple isle. :yes:

so far, the weather has not been too bad. not too much rain ,just a bit cool. here's a couple of shots of the interior of the ship. it was recently refurbished.
image.php

image.php

and here is a shot of the coast of Tasmania at about 5 am. it was quite cool but turned into a real good sunny day.
image.php

next are a couple of nice pics at the mouth of the Tamar River . on the eastern side , which was the general location of my mispent
youth..... :BigGrin:
image.php

image.php

and here is my favourite so far, taken half way along the western side of the Tamar River, at a popular lookout called Brady's Lookout
so named for a bushranger who used it to spot ships coming up the river.
image.php

then , on down to Hobart, when a minor problem was encountered. a flat bloody tyre. at least it went down in the driveway when i had arrived at my daughters house. so, off with the bags and out with the wheel.
image.php

and here is the culprit. a screw of some sort in the tyre. took it to a well known bike shop and they assured me that a plug and a new tube would fix it. so, all done and ready to go back in.
image.php

I spent a lot of time at Joe's Garage while I was there. They had this little van that could do some amazing things in the intersection at 2:00 in the morning. :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159596#p159596:3sc2gtc3 said:
brianinpa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:26 am[/url]":3sc2gtc3]
I spent a lot of time at Joe's Garage while I was there. They had this little van that could do some amazing things in the intersection at 2:00 in the morning. :mrgreen:
i have been to Joes Garage in the past but did not go this time. here is a link for others to see what it is.

https://www.joesgaragehobart.com/

i am back home now , work beckons. i am off to West Australia at the weekend, so back home until then.

here is a shot taken from the Daughters garage as i got ready to put the wheel back in the bike. thats Mount Wellington in the background. there were very small patches of snow on there. and that is as close as i want to get to snow..... :smilie_happy:
image.php

and here is the most i have paid for fuel anywhere, anytime . at a small garage in a Tassie country town called Perth.
image.php

and lastly, a picture of the Melbourne skyline as we were arriving in the morning. all in all , a good trip and the bike ran well. got compliments every where i went.... :good:
image.php

Latest posts