Spark plug wire question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats cool jim i might need some ...well no might be about it ....hopfuly soon the weather is going to change and i can get some things done .....ive three bikes that need new wire ....how musch dose it take for one bike....how much do you have ..... :mrgreen:

joedrum":3aa26wq9 said:
thats cool jim i might need some ...well no might be about it ....hopfuly soon the weather is going to change and i can get some things done .....ive three bikes that need new wire ....how musch dose it take for one bike....how much do you have ..... :mrgreen:

18" is just right for my 1100, I tryed a bit longer but just seemed to get in the way.
so
18" x 4 = 6' for each bike.
I have 30' of wire left.
should be enough to do 5 bikes.
its multi-stranded copper core wire. just what the other guys are selling as replacement wire.
https://www.bikebandit.com/parts-unlimited-spark-plug-wire
I dont have much into this stuff so if ya want it just let me know.
4 wires with caps fit in a 5$ flat rate box...
unfortuanatly I dont have any caps left... but I do have a good link for new NGK replacements with removable 5k resistors.
they work great!
and look very nice.
but if you have good caps you can screw this wire right into them and will look completely stock.
Links to caps
1. https://www.parkeryamaha.com/ngksparkplugcapxd05f.aspx
2. https://www.bikebandit.com/ngk-plug-caps

ok I checked I have roughly .50 a foot into this stuff. hope you dont think me too greedy for asking 1$ a foot for all my messing around...
so if ya want it heres what I'll do
cut the length ya want and ship it off to ya for a buck a foot. plus 5$ for each order for shipping.

11$ a bike still not too bad.
PM me with your details I prefer to use paypal, you can however send me payment as a gift.
I'll try to keep this thread updated as to how much I have left.

jdegase":1salnpk4 said:
sorry to chime in so late.
beaver thanks for all your info and testing dude its awsome to have someone knowledgeable do work on these old girls..
beleive it or not !
I still have some wire! actually lots of it.
if your interested I'll be happy to send ya some.
just let me know
Knowledegable...ha ha ha ha :smilie_happy: Your funny :smilie_happy: Sir I am not that knowledgeable, I am a half-ss mechanic..but a really crafty one I will admit to that..I have some wire [copper core] ready in the bag in case these other wires don't pan out..

Montecman":1ymn7uke said:
Do you have an Auto Zone part number?
Sir I really don't want to give someone information on something I am not that sure of.. What' if it doesn't work out, then I gave you bad information, but I'll give it to ya anyway, I got wire's for a 2.0 FI 85 Honda Prelude Bosch 09404, you can try it at your own risk, the caps came off, I cut them off [ I used oem caps]and one wire is too short, but there is a extra wire in there you can use that's long enough..Now I would probably get the copper core wires if I'm you just to be safe..Let someone else make the mistake.. :grin: or test them..

littlebeaver":1lz05csj said:
Montecman":1lz05csj said:
Sir I really don't want to give someone information on something I am not that sure of.. What' if it doesn't work out, then I gave you bad information, but I'll give it to ya anyway, I got wire's for a 2.0 FI 85 Honda Prelude Bosch 09404, you can try it at your own risk, the caps came off, I cut them off [ I used oem caps]and one wire is too short, but there is a extra wire in there you can use that's long enough..Now I would probably get the copper core wires if I'm you just to be safe..Let someone else make the mistake.. :grin: or test them..

Wow! I'm a "Sir"!

Montecman":3b0i200p said:
littlebeaver":3b0i200p said:
Montecman":3b0i200p said:

Wow! I'm a "Sir"!
I'm sorry, I seem to keep making this mistake..Use copper core wires :grin: .