Tempuratur Switch for Elecrtic Fan

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokey66

Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere(maybe here)about how expensive the fan switch from Honda is,but that one from a Japanise or Koren car(part number was also listed) would also fit and work for less than half the preis.Anybody remember/know anything about this?You could probley use anything with the right thread pitch and temp.point for switch closing.Anybody got a tip for me?

Take a look at Roady's tips for a link to another site that has the "aftermarket" sensor mod.
You'll have to sign up/register at NGW to see the post(I think?), but it's free. :mrgreen:

94 Geo Metro.Got that from the "Steve Saunders" site.Just in case anyone if following this.Maybe this info will help someone.Another guy says he takes these things apart and cleans them up(Oxidation on the contacts inside) and they work fine.Cost NOTHING but a little time!I`m skeptical on this,but it might be worth a try.

More info from Roady:
Valid for 1975 thru 1987 GoldWings.

1994 Geo Metro 1.0L, MR Series

Closed Switch Temp Range=88.5c to 91.5c.
Open Switch Temp Range=82c to 88c.

The Part Number Collection:

* BWD #TFS596 40-5079
* Beck Arnley #201-0817 ($20.00 RockAuto.com)
* Gates #T274 (RockAuto.com $16)
* Borg Warner #TFS596
* Echlin #FS-130 (36.77 NAPA)
* Niehof #WA-639B
* Four Seasons #35934
* Autozone #002683
* Car Quest #TS-306

A word of caution ... running the OEM thermostat with these Thermo Switches is not recommended. Your fan will be running all the time. I use the Stant 13868 82 deg C.
I didn't have a problem with the Geo switch and NAPA #101 Thermostat. Roady

Also there is this link to Steve Saunder's site with more info... :mrgreen:

Latest posts