" the quick carb clean "

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowesnest3

Reaction score
ok guys the 1200 is now "alive"! was just about to order a rebuild kit from Radnaak but decided I would first try the " quick" method. Pulled the tops off, drained the bowls, took a fresh can of carb cleaner with a "straw" inserted it into the slide needle guide and powerwashed it big time on all 4, then put the bowl plugs back in and did it again using a generous amount of carb cleaner. Let that sit for about an hour and redrained the bowls. Noticed that two of my slides showed very minor scuff marks so I gave them all a "00" wool polish. Started her up to warm and synced the carbs with my single guage with 4 port aquarium manifold ... its a lot of back n forth but better than nada. The end product is no more carb problems! Where before it would start looking for fuel above 4000 rpm or when reaching for a handful of throttle, now she comes to life above 4000 and just wants more rpms ..... its great! .... and now I don't have to think about rebuilding the carbs before heading off to "french lick" beginning of August and thats a good thing too. The quick method is certainly worth the shot in my book ....... Crowe ..... :Egyptian: