The road calls.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2valve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK folks I am signing off for a while...I have two week-long trips this month and then yon November 1 I will leave with the rig and my sidekick, Dina for Mexico....

I want to keep my internet presence limited to personal emails and a couple Mexico related forums and my blog.

https://manywheelsbrian.blogspot.com/

I will be updating my blog as I travel and things develop...hope to get some photos...will dabble in vids perhaps and just try to keep it up....Please feel free to visit me there or not, as you like and I will talk to you on the flip-flop....

While I have a number of small spare parts with me, and I have a starter, final drive, drive shaft and a complete waterpump and cover assembly all boxed separately and left with my sweety to ship by UPS if needed, there is the odd chance I will come whining to youse guys for an emergency part.......this is the only goldwing site I belong to but if I do need something perhaps you guys could hunt it up for me and get it sent at least to my wife and she could forward it on........of course we would pay it all. If that time comes I will give you her addie.

Just as I am ready to leave, every noise I am hearing in my old Ali-B.O.B.-ah becomes suspicious. Comical....

Anyway, thanks for all your help and encouragement to get to this place and I'll be thinking about all you all and your vintage machines and know my ol' beast will do just fine....if he doesn't it will be an adventure.

Cheers and happy trails,
Brian in New Mexico

Have a SAFE trip, Brian!! Take lottsa pics, if possible! :good:

Thanks guys...good thoughts much appreciated. I am always amazed at how things fall open when one is in tune with the flow....I am getting invites to camp and/or stay at various peoples places, hooked up with folks in my spiritual fellowship...and great encouragement....I am totally stoked!
Bye guys,
brian

Hi all,
Back in NM again after a van trip to Baja. My bike trip pooped out when I pulled a dumshit thing by installing a head gasket backwards....

I won't go into it all but I gave up the bike trip after a month of ordering parts, waiting and waiting for them, buying a new starter, screwing up the gasket on the left bank and ended up abandoning my idea of the bike trip and bringing the rig back from AZ on a trailer and taking my van instead and just spending some time on the beach at Bahia Concepcion.

I will now replace the gasket right and plan a later trip, once it warms up more for camping.

How humbling this has been...ooof! I still can't believe I did that....
Brian in NM

Hi Dan....yeah it will be better a bit later in the year...man there were lots of motos down there...mostly dual-sport adventure touring types. A few cruisers and no Wings that I saw...one herd of cruisers that were coming back north.

I did count about 15 or so pairs of bicyclists on those narrow roads...man, braver than I.

I must say, it was a wonderful trip as it always is. I especially I enjoyed Hwy 3 from San Felipe to Ensenada. I had never been on that road but now REALLY want to ride it. It is gorgeous and nice and twisty with little traffic.

Happy trails to you all and a happy solstice season as well,
:moped:

Brian in NM

Attachments

• IMG_1709_2.JPG
    IMG_1709_2.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1707_2.JPG
    IMG_1707_2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1711.JPG
    IMG_1711.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1678.jpg
    IMG_1678.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 98
Team Dodat started with my friend Doug, me and my wife in Alaska...when anyone called the other person and suggest going riding or a good weekend tour, we always said "Yeah, let's go do dat!" If you said no you couldn't have a decal...(unless you had a damn good reason to be voted on be the Team.. :good:

Since Doug came up with the idea, he had the decals made and has initiated a lot of folks into the Team....he is a BMWMOA Ambassador so knows tons of serious riders....
Brian

Hi Joe, well back in for a break....my back gets to hurting after awhile. Yeah, I am getting after it since it is such a short job and I can't stand having ol' BOB down. It is still good riding weather here most days....

I have the head back on and torqued down and yes, I measured twice and cut once this time.. :oops: ...or actually looked several times and checked again before bolting it up.

Brian