this is a picture.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry,I'm with your dad, clueless. I'm trying to piece together the pic with the description below it and,.....I just dont get it? I didnt see "dad" anywhere. Is "dad" the name of the bike?

no I think that was a signature saying using the smileys... I didn't see a connection to the photo.. so I think it is a separate statement.. he will need to 'splain something to us..

I dont think its his signature cause it doesnt have the black line above it

Maybe its his dads bike and it didnt run and his dad begged him to help fix it?? I dunno... Thats the best i could come up with

yep thats just my daughter poking fun at computer skills. im glad she decided id been punished enough for not allowing a computer at home. it is pretty sad i could graft together 1000 and a 1100 together and come up with a completly different bike but could not post a pic.

the mufflers are stock haft way back past all monting points and 4 inch exhast pipe the rest of the way. at the time i was just trying to do something to fix up the trashed exhast. ive never had a problem with it since i did it. its not to loud but im going to look into somekind of slip in the back mufflers maybe

So...the daughter is pokin fun at you for not being savy enough to post a pic? That's TOO funny!! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :lol:
Don't feel bad...you are not alone. There's plenty of 5 year olds that know way more than a lot of us "old" folks! :rtfm: :read: :laptop:
:mrgreen:

joedrum":23613f47 said:

:head bang: this was my dad. :help:
he was clueless.
:beg: he begged me to help him.
this is him now :yahoo:

i think my daughter got just the impact she was looking for :party: now that i have a pic of the bike up ill go through some things ive done. i know its not a very good pic but i live down at the end of a very long gravel road and the forks windsheild and bike in general is covered with dust from the road.
the exhast was done real simply cutting two 5 inch long pieces of 4 inch exhast pipe and cutting them long ways so i could slip them over the stock exhash where i had cut them to be at the right spot for the 4 inch diameter and attached them with some self tapping skrews then atached 4inch pipe inside the couplers i made. pached up some holes that still needed fixing on the front half of the stock exhast. painted it all black and attached the stock chrome gards back on. sounds and looks great for the cost involed maybeforty
dollars if that.

the front forks are off a 81 1100 and are quite the improvement over the 1000 setup tubes are thicker with air assist there were some grinding involed but not much

the front wheel is off a 83 1100 aspencade so are the rotors there vented all this went together fairly easy with the 79 calipers and 79 speedo gear with just alittle shimming and unshimming to line everything up

i was able to mont the 79 instruments on the 1100 81 forks with no problems but i raised them so i could get the vetter fairing to slip under them to get windsheild closer to me as much as i could

imonted the vetter with no hardware showing at all to make it look like part of the bike. i even cut out an heat gun a lot of the back side of the fairing to get as far back as i could.

on a whim i bought a 1200 interstate handlebars because they were taller and it worked out perfect for the windsheild with there greater pullback angle on the grips

i made my own hiway pegs that work out perfect for my size with the intent or ability to go with forward controls down the road i certainly dont have any drawbacks from there use seems to be the best handleing mod ive made the bike handles around like it dont wiegh anything.

one of the things i realy like about my 79 1000 engine is the large airbox that ive made a new lid for so to increase airflow. this one thing made ahuge difference on my bike performace and consistancy of running and cotributed geatly on the exhast not having any problems with the open pipes

the thermostat has been removed and the fan is all manual through a switch. one of my future mods is going to be lovered radiator cover that can be adjusted for angle you could have total control over cooling temps on the fly with a turn of a knob and i think it would look great. its just like nascar ive put tape on the radiator grill and it will for sure change the temp.

on the rear i put on 1100 swingarm from an 83, final drive from 81, airshocks from an 81 that had progressive spring upgrades that realy have some control over my bike and lowered the bike at least 1inch or two . the wheelbase is about 1 inch longer, tire selection means i have one now. but the difference in the gearing is what brought this bike right there with anything out now as far as touring gose and thats what i wanted. im guessing the rpm drop at 70mph is about 700rpm about 3400rpm at 70mph right at the begining of the tork curve of the engine. just a plesure to cruise with.

the trailer hitch i got off and 81 that somebody hand made that was well done with what it was made out of and i got it for nothing

the luggage rack is something i found and fitted. im wanting to get the same trunk o man got with some hard bags to match to finish the rear of the bike

my ideal on tank panels and side covers is to use them for a substrate to attach leather pockets and such when all put together to look realy full saddle with seat and all

Wow Joe, you've done some cool mods! Sounds alot like me. I make it the way I want it and not stock in many ways.
Which reminds me I want to start a thread called "Mods I've done" Should be a fun thread.

Keep up the good work and post some more pictures.

dan filipi":lnbe1f49 said:
Keep up the good work and post some more pictures.
:rtfm: :head bang: :sensored:

That's just COLD, Dan!!! :smilie_happy:

Ain't nuthing like makin it your own, eh Joe? Nice job, dirt and all! :clapping: :clapping:

Latest posts