Throttle Cable lube???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2ppn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone come up with a quick/easy way to lube throttle cables?? Other than removing them from either the carbs or grip, I can't seem to be able to gain access to them to lube up the cables...

Clutch and choke cables are easily dine from their low points up to the handlebars, this way I KNOW the entire cable sheath is lubed, but I can't figure out a good way to do the throttle cables...

Any ideas/suggestions??

Rich

The last time I did it I used a dropper filled with atf.
Take apart at the grip, put a couple drops in both cables, twist a bit and let the atf run down.
Takes awhile but they loosened up real nice.

dan filipi":1lekdleq said:
The last time I did it I used a dropper filled with atf.
Take apart at the grip, put a couple drops in both cables, twist a bit and let the atf run down.
Takes awhile but they loosened up real nice.
:good: +1
I've used 3in1 oil and sewing machine oil too. Same procedure.

I already have the power lube'r.. use it all the time on other stuff as well..

Just did the throttle (accelerator) cable on my wife's 2004 Hyundai... it was sticking a bit and the power lube'r worked like a charm...

I use it on the clutch, and choke cables with no problems both are easily gotten to to be able to lube 'em...

My question was about gaining access to the throttle cables so I could use the power lube'r.. other than dismantling the grip or removing them from the carbs, I didn't see any other way to get the power lube'r onto the cables to lube them..

That was the reason for my post...

Rich

Oh! Well then you are correct sir. The only way to use a power lube on throttle cables is to disconnect one end.

Yoou can remove the tank cover and get to the 2 half,s on the throtle cable that is aroung the air fiter. There is an adjustment in the middle of 1 of the push pull cables. But that is only half of it because you can't lube the other half. :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

Latest posts