Trailer rebuilding/building

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ansimp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 “Rats Nest”
1998 GL1500c Val
1987 CBR1000f “The Pig”
1991 CBR1000f Red
I had a spare tub/ style side for my RTVs that I had lying around on a pallet waiting to get damaged. I decided that I should build a trailer to put it on so that it could be used for storage and moved around out of harms way. Thus began my adventure, the spare parts that I had laying around didn’t want to cooperate so I asked around and a mate told me that I could have his old 8x5. Unfortunately his trailer was too good to wreck out in my opinion so I went looking for another scrap trailer to make my tub trailer.
Lots of rust but it was an exhaust bag tipper that still works. :good:
Completed tub trailer, now onto the 8x5 tipper
I added a cheap 4000lb winch
I added the winch with the idea that if the exhaust lift bag fails and becomes a future problem to replace then I can add a post and use it to tip the trailer. I have also got this mad concept of using a ride in front tire stand as a dolly and using the winch with the trailer raised to load motorcycles. My original 6x4 trailer is also a tipper but works by breaking its back and reversing the vehicle to make it stand up. I have 900mm high mesh gates on it which due to the trailers design are actually 5 feet wide. I am able to fit them to the 8x5 and just need to make two 2 foot gate extensions so that it will also be fully gated.
Here are some pictures of my original 6x4 stuck on the driveway ( street tires on the RTV couldn’t handle the clay), being rescued by the Forester and painted in its new colour( I managed to buy 5 gallons of industrial quick dry enamel for $100 aud)

Latest posts