Trike Build Question

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131490#p131490:1y15pn5w said:
joedrum » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:30 am[/url]":1y15pn5w]
i am sorry to hear that ... skill hands people to me are priceless ...his shoes were filled with true american hero ...there are no words i can think of ...that really measures the great people among us ....true greatness is hidden in plain sight to all ....most dont see it that way ...i do

+1 :hi:

Post your wife's Uncles plans for your 2 speed starter reverse :yes:

your so right Joe , he taught me a lot , and I was blessed to have had the chance to be around him some . I have the drawings he made for me , and he said , if I'm not around , this is how to slow it down . . . I'll have to take some pictures of them and post them sometime. . . I took some Electronics classes years ago , but ... thats some deep stuff he was talking about . . . i never thought there was a way to slow it down without cutting the voltage , but if you cut the voltage , then you cut the power also . . you don't need reverse to be fast, Just Strong . :laptop:

ohhhhh is that you and your baby Joe ?????

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131578#p131578:irnbh8zw said:
sledge » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 am[/url]":irnbh8zw]
your so right Joe , he taught me a lot , and I was blessed to have had the chance to be around him some . I have the drawings he made for me , and he said , if I'm not around , this is how to slow it down . . . I'll have to take some pictures of them and post them sometime. . . I took some Electronics classes years ago , but ... thats some deep stuff he was talking about . . . i never thought there was a way to slow it down without cutting the voltage , but if you cut the voltage , then you cut the power also . . you don't need reverse to be fast, Just Strong . :laptop:

ohhhhh is that you and your baby Joe ?????

Just don't do it for too long as the main reason for burning brushes and commutators is low voltage ( current goes up and voltage keeps dropping in relation)

i'm sure your right , I try to park where i don't need to back up , but sometimes you just have to backup a little . my wife has been sick for a while , and I just ain't had a chance to do the finishing touches to the Trike , but... I plan on it . :laptop:

thank you , I made a living as a mechanic , Car Dealerships , and Truck stop Shop , for most of my working life , and I have had a LOT of motor cycles , BUT when I got my first Goldwing ( it had been sitting out in the weather for years ) , and there wasn't much left of it , but thats when I found all you folks online , cause I didn't know nothing about a Goldwing , and I read your posts , and read for years really , and i learned enough to keep my own bike running , and stuff like how to replace the Timing Belts , and all that kind of stuff . . so , it puts a smile on my face to think somebody could learn anything from my posts , I ain't got no money , but maybe I can pay you folks back with an Idea on something. :hi:

Latest posts