Triple Tree bearings and seals

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyl

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a thread on here on how to replace the upper and lower bearings and seals on a triple tree on a 1977 G L 1000 to the new bearings and seals? I also need to get the old race out. From what I understand the 77 had presed in races.

The upper race comes out fairly easy with a long punch. The lower race has a very small recess just above the race. I was able to use a tire iron with a 90' spoon on the end. Someone here recently posted that the used a long bolt with a washer sandwiched between two nuts on the end. The easiest way is if you have a welder to put a couple beads around the race. It's said to have them just about fall out.

ekvh":ddasl8rg said:
Someone here recently posted that the used a long bolt with a washer sandwiched between two nuts on the end. The easiest way is if you have a welder to put a couple beads around the race. It's said to have them just about fall out.

That's the post I saw and was going to look for, but when I got home from work I had a migraine and that was the ball-game for me.

I remember seeing the article on the threded rod with the washer and two nuts, but like you I can't remember the site I was on. It might have been on the Gold Wing Docs. I will have to check it out later today after my wife gets done playing games :moped:

Thanks for the help

Latest posts