Triple Tree Color

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
In the middle of the engine being out and fixing my centerstand, I am also fixing and painting other areas of the bike. The triple tree and brackets need paint as well as the handle bar clamps. I am a bit unsure what color they were originally. It seems that they were almost a satin black, but not flat black.

Any ideas?? Should they be glossy?? :headscratch:

Pretty certain they came glossy, I would use chassis black, that's what I have used and it looked correct.
Just realized ..I was thinking of the lower one, Top is a kind of dull, Maybe bumper black, or trim black, That has a nice in between finish.

I have a couple risers I need to paint today..I picked up this paint at wal mart..I`ll post a pic of the finish later on. I think it has the right finish, should be durable.
PictureorVideo332_zpsc421d31a.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=120889#p120889:l4ly6cve said:
Ansimp » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm[/url]":l4ly6cve]
Jeff isn't that paint designed for plastic?
Says on the can metal trim,molding,rear view mirror backs,bumpers, I have used this on metal windshield wiper brackets in the past and it holds up well bout 8 years now and they need done again, not sure if it is flexible enough for rubber or plastic.

I did mine in an aluminum paint color, 2 coats primer and three coats color.

I like the look since mine is a naked 83' GL1100 bike, more of it is exposed.