Trying to change the headlight of a Gl 1100 I

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolerlife

Reaction score
I just recently had the high beam go out of the light and would like to know how to replace.
It does have the standard fairing 1982 model. Also I unscrewed the 4 screws across the front in an attempt to get down to the light with no luck, and have lost the special nuts that were magically held on the underside.

How do i get to the underside to replace the nuts.

Thanks for all the help.
Mike Murphy proud owner of 1982 Gl 1100 I 59k

If you get a long skinny extendable magnet you can troll in the bottom recesses of the fairing for lost treasure... to replace may take 2 people. One to reach up into the fairing to hold the nut while the other inserts the screws/bolts...

To remove the light.. remove the adjuster knob this will free it up so it can be changed then pull the light housing out abd remove the plug.. and with replacement at hand remove old bulb then not touching new bulb on the glass insert and st the locking ring. ... replace plug and install reverse from removing

Howdy Mike, and welcome from Southern California! After you remove the adjuster knob (a small phillips screw in the hole), there is a nut and washer that holds the headlight assembly in the fairing.

I haven't been to Canyon in many years - my brother played football, and graduated from West Texas State - now A&M. I still have relatives in your part of the world. Many hours spent at Palo Duro Canyon.

Welcome to the best classic Goldwings forum.

image.php

Greetings from the Sunshine State.

Live long and prosper. God bless you.

Latest posts