UPDATE : Safety done and sound all good. Just a couple little thing.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AApple":3snwbvb8 said:
With the Progressive springs in the rears on mine, 20-25psi is just right for one-up, without being harsh, and still keep the rear sitting pretty when on the stand. The shocks themselves can handle more pressure than the specs...the specs are for the lawyers. And...anything above the max is gonna be like rock solid, one-up. The instructs that came with the Progressive springs say you can go as high as 70psi....not that I would want to. At 40psi, one-up, it starts getting a little too firm for me.
If you need to add up to the max to keep it from bottoming, your rear springs are prolly saggy.

The rotors can be turned on a normal automotive lathe, but, according to Ron(scdmarx), the finish leaves a little to be desired.
You lost me for sure, I didn't read anywhere him saying he had progressive shocks springs , I think he has stock rear shocks but maybe I'm wrong, and that's what my anwser was based on..ooops..

If you had the rear end cranked down hard while transporting,maybe the seals have given out. Thats what happened on mine. Not hard to replace. I could'nt afford new shocks.

Minmum thickess for 80 and 82 rea rotors is molded into the rotor and is 6MM....
asleck I have a extra rrear rotor that needs tobr turned was told by a break shop that they chattered when turned and they would not do it... was also told bu a bike shop that noone turned them and they cost $240.00. If you wanted to try I will dinate a gunipig... i just live up the freeawy from you and will be home again around the 10th of july If intresetd PM me

that is exactly what i did Chase. :smilie_happy: .. uesd a buffing wheel on a air tool and just polished it :Egyptian: closed my eyes and put it back on...May have to put the steel toed shoe on again :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: ,only time will tell, will be testing it again when i get home .....Like to get it replaces as i am selling and would feel better if it was replaced

a normal auto shop cannot lathe turn your rotors without screwing them up, and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who can.

what you can do is have them machine ground. Once again you have to find someone who is familar with doing it, but there are people out there who do it and do it well. I beleive I have seen some on ebay. I have had it fdone, and it works. Cost is usually in the $40-50 (USD) range