Valve Clearance Adjustment GL1000 and GL1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the belt tension seems fine but ok.
I was mainly wondering if the #1 intake closes at exactly the same time the T1 mark is at the register or does the T1 reach the register just after the #1 intake closes (meaning you would roll the engine a little bit further after #1 intake closes to reach the T1 at the index marks)
Then I was wondering ...in steps #13 should intake and exhaust #3 be at spec, then at step#14 should both valves for #2 be at spec, then at step #15 shoud the valves for #4 be at spec?
so do I need to redo the timing belts? I thought I had those right? they are not too tight and the index marks on the cams are dead on with the index marks on the casing when at T1. I followed the instructions on here to the letter including the "trick" to adjust tension on both sides. I'm confused now. I'll redo it though

thank you thank you! yay! valves are good to go! now, a radiator flush and its time put the tank back in and bust her off, sync time!!
I ordered an adapter for my color tune so I feel confident. I hope to be finshed with everything before july 4th. Haha! some of the dudes I kick it with will be expecting me on the yammy.....wait till I show up with the black beast! This site is great.

prairiewing81":7uwkrby9 said:
I have done this adjustment and the engine runs quiet when cold, but at operating temperature, the lifters are really noisy. Is there another problem here?
Did you do the adjustment when the engine was stone cold (like at least 24 hours after the last time it was run?)

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96701#p96701:28cajdwh said:
ianstaley » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:28 am[/url]":28cajdwh]
Just a comment from a newbe to DIY. Is this the same sequence for a GL1000 please? Ian
Yes. Only difference is 1000 gap is .004 both intake and exhaust.

Latest posts