Velorex 700 side car

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why not.
700s2.jpg

It should be but if not there are all kinds of slick ways to add a little weight....including using an automotive battery to power it all....(my plan in the next day or two..not for the weight however, I have a very heavy hack and if I could I would give you some extra weight.. :roll: ) and/or aux fuel tank. A steel plate bolted under it if needed is easy and could be dropped when you load the hack heavy.....

Brian in NM

You should check if the suspension is stiff enough and the axle is thick enough. Those are the issues with older 562 model. This is 700 so maybe they are already upgraded. Again, sidecar.com is the best place to ask these kind of questions.

Yes, I found one on ebay, it's close enough to me that I could go get it. I really don't care for the look of the 700, but it's available. Looked at the Velorex sight, the parts section and saw an illustration of the frame, it's basically just a loop, not much there. The weight of it doesn't concern me much, like was stated here and other places, weight can be added until you learn what you're doing operating the rig, then, the light weight becomes an advantage, especially during braking and acceleration. I bought the bike with the intention of getting a sidecar. My wife was very much against the idea of a motorcycle, but, has taken to this Goldwing because it's comfy and quiet. I think if I got a sidecar, and then if she could ride it around the neighborhood, that would open the door to a 1500 with a sidecar and reverse. Anyway, my only concern right now if if it's robust enough, and the point about the axle I have run across before no that it has been mentioned. I'm going to pursue this a little further.

I would second Skiri's comment about sidecar.com. There are some ace riggers out there and Jay Geise of DMC is usually on sidecar .com....I think Pete Smith from Side Effects in Kamloops, BC is also...and my favorite, Claude Stanley of CSM is the originator of the Yahoo group ISOK...so he is on that forum a lot. All very helpful guys....

I found that the mounting hardware that comes with a Velo is pretty much best for putting up a chainlink fence....DMC sells some excellent, well made in their shop, attachment hardware....in fact when I mounted my Ural to my 1100 I bought their "kit" for that although had to mess with it a bit and had a good welder make a couple changes on my chair frame to make it stronger and attach more positively.

Good luck and do your homework....I love sidecaring so much I sold my other solo bikes....who needs them, I am a tripod-er now.... :ahem: I think the reason most people who try sidecaring and give it up is often due to poorly rigged outfits....

If I can offer any help, please feel free to message me....

Brian in NM

skiri251":36d6daul said:
You should check if the suspension is stiff enough and the axle is thick enough. Those are the issues with older 562 model. This is 700 so maybe they are already upgraded. Again, sidecar.com is the best place to ask these kind of questions.

My thoughts exactly.
The earlier velorexs had weak suspension and small axles.Remember it has to take the weight of the wing on lefthanders.I believe the 700 is stouter than its earlier siblings,but check sidecar.com or lonnie at nwsidecars as he is a velorex dealer and should be of some help.

I'm not really looking for a side car for people as a side car for storage and stability. My old hips and knees are giving me problems with the weight of the '88 GL1500 I have and a side car seems to be a better option for me than a trike configuration. I also don't want to spend as much as another bike would cost. :cool:

man i seen that video wher the wheels come down at slow speed and you can park with it .....but im sure there expensive though but it sure was neat to me how well it worked ...have no ideal on how to tell you to get to it or even if its availible for 1500 it was on and 1800... :mrgreen:

Update, I found a California Friendship 1 at C. Stanley Motorsports, the bike is there now, in line to have the sidecar installed by one of the best in the business. Just waiting to get it back. The withdrawals are horrible. Been without the old girl two weeks, seems like two years. I'll post pictures when I get her back.

Latest posts