Vetter Windshield?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
When I got my '82 donor bike, it came with a full wrap around windshield on the Vetter fairing. Too bad it was so sun damaged I could not salvage it. I looked for a replacement just like it and could not find anything like it!

1982-1.JPG
1982-13.JPG

So I finally decided to go to the source....Craig Vetter and ask him if he knew if it was a Vetter windshield or not. He was kind enough to give the following reply, "That is somebody's home made windshield, Gerry. Not mine."

Craig

Now I know for sure! I thought that was real kind of him to reply! Kudos Craig!

If you still have it copy it or send it to me. I'll cover the shipping and take a shot at making a copy.

slabghost":3s0syxr6 said:
If you still have it copy it or send it to me. I'll cover the shipping and take a shot at making a copy.
Unfortunately, I did not save it. I tossed it early in the restoration process becuase it was in bad shape and assumed it was a standard windshield! :crying:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35878#p35878:2bqkhrs7 said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 am[/url]":2bqkhrs7]
slabghost":2bqkhrs7 said:
Unfortunately, I did not save it. I tossed it early in the restoration process becuase it was in bad shape and assumed it was a standard windshield! :crying:
I have made a windshield or two and am thinking of widening my vetter and lowering it a few inch's. I can make most any shape and am willing to give it a go. Currently under employed and broke so I have a bit of time.
yes I know its an older post.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105763#p105763:3kwr70df said:
Bobalou » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:36 pm[/url]":3kwr70df]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35878#p35878:3kwr70df said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 am[/url]":3kwr70df]
slabghost":3kwr70df said:
I have made a windshield or two and am thinking of widening my vetter and lowering it a few inch's. I can make most any shape and am willing to give it a go. Currently under employed and broke so I have a bit of time.
yes I know its an older post.
Cool! Post up some pics when you can. If I can afford one I'll order from you.

I've never seen a Vetter with a BIGGER windshield. I always thought the original was too big, so I made my own and made them smaller. I like to be looking just over the top edge of the shield.

Latest posts