Victory Motorcycles Shut down

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstsix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow !In a statement released today, the Chairman and CEO of Polaris, Scott Jones expressed his difficulty in making the decision to close the factory doors,
“This was an incredibly difficult decision for me, my team and the Polaris Board of Directors. Over the past 18 years, we have invested not only resources, but our hearts and souls, into forging the Victory Motorcycles brand, and we are exceptionally proud of what our team has accomplished. Since inception, our teams have designed and produced nearly 60 Victory models that have been honoured with 25 of the industry’s top awards. The experience, knowledge, infrastructure and capability we’ve built in those 18 years gave us the confidence to acquire and develop the Indian Motorcycle brand, so I would like to express my gratitude to everyone associated with Victory Motorcycles and celebrate your many contributions.” https://www.motofire.com/2017/01/news/vi ... sing-down/

WOW ...they should have tried to hang on a bit longer .....we have the pro american president now ....i feel for the workers ...the statement was good ...but im sure it doesnt help the people out of work now ...

Sounds like they ended up competing with themselves with the Indians. :doh:

Maybe they'll finally get the Indian brand right. They can always restart the Victory if the market improves.

The local Victory dealer in Buffalo is listing all new Victory bikes in stock at around 5000 off msrp.
Now seems like a good time to deal if you really wanted one!

Latest posts