• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Stock straight seat for 79 GL1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krakum1967

Reaction score
Have all sorts of goodies to trade for it including Vetter side and top boxes, and assorted chrome trim? Looking for a straight stock seat, not a couch.

Figured it cant hurt to ask.

krakum1967

Krakum. I may have one. I need the weekend to dig it out and then we need to figure out if that is what it is.
I was told it was off a 1981 interstate but I can't verify that and it actually doesn't look right for that bike.

In Post number #8 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=98&t=6553 is a picture of the seat I have.

Let me know if you have more interest and we can see if it has the dimensions etc.

Will the GL1100 seat work on the GL1000? I like the seat, its defintely better than mine, it looks completely weird without the bags, and I hated the bags, just had enough of them, and they always followed me.....lol....but I want a seat with cleaner lines for sure.

I bid on one on fleabay too, its two tone brown and black, but that will work as the skins and fairing will be plastidipped to be desert sane on the black affects. I am darkening the motor this winter.

Thats my plan at least.

I don't believe they are interchangeable. I had one person look at the dimensions of the seat who owns an 1100 and they said it wasn't correct for their bike. So I am not sure if it is a 1000 seat or not. Nearly everything else I picked up in this batch was from a Goldwing. Mostly 1100 stuff.
They told me they only remembered dad owning an 1100.

Looks long, I think the 1100 is a specific pan, thanks anyway, I am getting a turkey slicer and some foam, I might get creative yet too, we have an older singer leather surger we found we want to play with....should be fun.

Latest posts