What are you LISTENING to right now?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is getting good ....i like all the music you guys are putting up franks cazy and made it work....a country boy can survive.....rush is a rush and speaks for itself...jeff beck foghat and his daughter is the best girl bass player ive ever heard.....CCR a sound all there own one of the original southern rock bands....just great stuff....macka got a video up i cant see till i post

Dweezle is on PBS RIGHT NOW, doing Papa Frank's stuff. I hear it in the background, and I'm starting to hallucinate!! :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

I also wanted to post this one....Grace Potter & the Nocturnals....this gal is Kick AZZ! I've seen her a few times on Artists Den, and such. Gurl can ROCK a B3 Hammond like nobody's bidness!! :good:

the drummer for the girls band was a good beat maker solid and powerful ....the girl could sing rather good ....macka group was good but a lot added to it ....im a firm beleaver in and always favor being in power trios ....my fovorite thing to do in rock music or metal or any extreme playing ....and i like to play with people who can carry the whole load of what there playing :music: :mrgreen:

great band fo sho, growing up in the 70's and having uncles who loved music sure helped. I have learned to listen to most everything.

This is a difficult one for me because I love music and I like to be open to lots of styles. I am not a fan of today's pop like Brittney Spears or of rap or hip hop. That being said, I will occasionally hear a song in one of those genres that catches my fancy.

I have to say though that guitar is the foundation of my musical taste. In particular, slide guitar takes me to a place that nothing else can. I like all slide guitar but Duane Allman (RIP) played as though he knew how to bypass my brain and ears and go directly to my soul. (I just decided what to cue up on my MP3 player today.)

My latest obsession is Pandora Internet Radio. You can enter a band or artist and hear that band and a lot of others in the same genre. It is a great way to hear bands you already know you like and to get introduced to some new stuff for free. Since they are on the internet, I can go to it on my Blackberry and listen to it everywhere. I have Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Waylon and Willie, the Allman Brothers, JJ Cale, The Be Good Tanyas (give them a try sometime) Hounddog Taylor, Muddy Waters preloaded. I can just select one of those and the music starts. If I hear a new band I like, I can add them to my list of stations.

I like a lot of various kinds of music. I have XM satellite radio so have a huge array to draw from....unfortunately the station called Ngoma is only on the XM internet site and that makes me sad....it is all ethnic African music which is by far, my absolute most favorite. Celtic would be a nice second.

I get internet through a MiFi device so have limits on data...I rarely watch videos nor stream music unless I am on wifi somewhere. If I am on wifi, I am usually traveling so don't have the time to stream much, I just catch up on email and a couple forums like this one.
So....I usually have my sat radio on BBC, NPR (both mostly talk and news) or Bluesville...maybe on a classical station or Deep Tracks or Classic Vinyl....

Brian

Latest posts