What can a 1100 pull?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe how expensive motorcycle towing is in the US when so many other things are really inexpensive. I had Red bought up from Melbourne for just over $400 and and that is about twice the distance. In LA it would of been about $300 usd to get the Rats Nest towed about 80 miles :head bang:

Its so expensive because of the way insurance is set up they charge the insurance companies ungodly prices for towing and over time its trickled up to screwing everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Just got home from a trip to daytona with 3 separate non related breakdowns in our group we just dropped over a grand on towing the bikes to local shops less that 100 miles between all three bikes

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=174962#p174962:iv8jhbmx said:
nwhittemore07885 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:40 pm[/url]":iv8jhbmx]
Just got home from a trip to daytona with 3 separate non related breakdowns in our group we just dropped over a grand on towing the bikes to local shops less that 100 miles between all three bikes

None of them yours I hope.

On the trip down dads 87 aspy lost a bearing in the rear end ( aweful noises) got that fixed made it 56 miles and a 3 week old valve stem failed on the rear on the highway at 40 mph .. back to the shop... we get dads bike back the day we are to head home and make it 100 miles towards home and boom i lose control of mine at 80 mph .. another rear valve stem on a different bike (scariest thing i have ever felt in my life ). I could only imagine a blowout at that speed . ... 5 hrs down between waiting on a tow and the dealership replacing my tire and stem. The absolute only plus side is i got a new rear tire and stem for half the cost dad got a stem. The honda dealership we were taken too had a deal for free install with the purchase of a tire

Was rubber base with metal 90 degree bend in it failed right at the wheel .... very upsetting considering it was a pack of 10 I ordered for 53 bucks supposedly the best of the best.... wont be running any of the others

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175026#p175026:2x77lr18 said:
nwhittemore07885 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:04 am[/url]":2x77lr18]
Yup back to all steel stems for me too

There are some nice alloy ones out there
I am running these ones on the Rats Nest :good:

This thread is such a cool read. Definitely worth remembering this stuff for later. . .

Latest posts