What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode to work 38 degrees in the am, 62 on the way home. I will start riding every day to work probably this week and wont stop till next November. Last year I logged 38000 on 2 wheels.

Finally got to take her for a short ride this evening, only about 15-20 miles but it was :music: :music: :music: :moped: :moped: :moped: :music: :music: :music:

well the macinic came buy who's just getting startedfresh out of mc school. said he could clean them but he did n;t have gages to sync,and said he would rather pass thenmaybe mess something up.so i thanked him for being honest.and now in a few days i guess she'll be going the motor cycle tech school in the next county.at least it will be just 20.00 plus parts. and hopefully it will be only a couple of weeks. keep our fingers crossed

been riding her to work all week, loving this march weather. when it gets colder i'll take the fairings and rad off to check alt and pully :music: :music: :music: :rocks: :moped:

Worked till Noon and then took the old girl out for a spin - couple hours later sipping coffee on a patio cafe (75 degree day in March) thinking it dosen't get much better than this, until a tow truck drives by with a nearly new Harley tied to the ramp I couldnt stop laughing. I joked to my buddy there goes one of the 5% (you know the ones that make it back to the shop!)

1060dsl":3iz57cwr said:
Worked till Noon and then took the old girl out for a spin - couple hours later sipping coffee on a patio cafe (75 degree day in March) thinking it dosen't get much better than this, until a tow truck drives by with a nearly new Harley tied to the ramp I couldnt stop laughing. I joked to my buddy there goes one of the 5% (you know the ones that make it back to the shop!)
:smilie_happy:

Pulled the engine guards off this afternoon. Tomorrow a little seafoam in the oil, drive a few miles, dump the oil and pull the valve covers for new gaskets. Should help with oil leaks.

Replace the valve cover gaskets. No leaks! :party:

Changed oil and filter as well as final drive oil. Made sure shocks are all at proper PSI setting.

Next will be to put on the HD sportster mufflers.

Dusted her off and took her for her twice a week minimum maintenance ride just to keep everything loose and lubed. Made a small list of things to do to her before serious riding gets started and that won't be to far down the road this year. Can't say I've really stopped riding all winter with this weather.

Monday I took her for a ride. Went up to Nevada City, to my Church camp to lock the door on my trailer. I had gone up there on the Thursday before for a meeting and stayed untill Saturday in my trailer. When the wife and I got there I discovered that I had forgotten the keys. :oops: :head bang: I had to crawle through the back storage compartment, under the bed, and unlock the door. :fiddle: :heat: So when we left I was unable to lock the door, thus the excuse to make the ride up there to lock the door. :yahoo: :yahoo: I also found out that I had not put the slider all the way in. :blush: :blush: :sensored: Some times being old is the pits. Any way why wast a good ride SOOOOOO, I rode on over to Marysville and then down through Lincoln and Home. That gave me a 150 mile ride :yahoo: :yahoo: :music2: :music2: :party: . I think I will leave the keys at home more often :whistling: :ahem: :ahem:

I've been riding to work almost every day. Starting to get some noise from the valves, I think, so I'm planning to check my valve adjustment this weekend.

Mark

joedrum":2814ulqc said:
check oil mark it might be overfilled with gas leaking in from carbs maybe ...something to check for ....that is a sign that happens when carbs leak...
Thanks, Joe. I watch my oil pretty careful. The carbs were supposedly rebuilt not all that long ago. I will check it out, though... Thanks!

Mark