What is your motorcycle guilty pleasure?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyb

Reaction score
So, what is your guilty pleasure when it comes to motorcycles? What do you like but maybe you don't talk about it a lot? For me, it is that I like reasonably loud Harleys and other single pin vtwins. I am not talking the ones that rattle your car windows, but the ones that have enough exhaust note that you can hear them a bit. That sound just gets in my soul and makes me look every time. I know all about the fact that they don't make as much power as they should, etc but I can't help myself. I would not buy a Harley because I am a cheapskate but that sound just puts a smile on my face.

i agree with that andy......but lately since ive put a progressive carb on ...i seem to always want to find a spot to kick the second barrel in ...what a sound that is with the muffs i have ...problem is,,,,its wild and fast when you do ..but i love the sound

My guilty pleasure?
Well I do like the Harley sound. The one's that have a good low note, not the one's that have amplifiers on them to be even MORE irritatingly LOUD.

The V twin low end torque I absolutely love. The torque on mine down low is much like it.
When in Vegas with O Man we test rode Indian and Victory.
I am very tempted to buy one.

I'm just the opposite. I like a bike that is QUIET, the quieter, the better.
I'd LOVE to have a Lightning Electric. Just the whirrr of the chain over
the sprockets.
I like wandering out-of-the-way back roads without anyone knowing
that I'm there.
In 1974 when I bought my BMW, it was the quietest bike on the market
and I loved it. Now that I found a stock exhaust system for my 76 Wing,
it's not bad at all, although it's still not as quiet as the new 1800s.
I also have a 77 Honda Trail 90. At low speeds, no one hears that
one coming. It just purrs. Great for local exploring.

Well there's a reason I have MBS.

There's this one that will let you know she's around & with a little over 100 ft/lbs of torque it just pulls like now!
image.php

Conversely I love the Wing gliding along the highway, smooth & quiet, then hit a stretch of empty highway & open her up, she has her own howl at high rpm. Don't tell anyone but 2 up 115 is really a thrill :BigGrin:

I grew up watching flat track racing at a local track, I love the sound of an straight pipe triumph and the smell of racing fuel!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

to me there was never a better sound than a honda 160 with strait pipes .....man that was a great motor ...with its dual strait non cv carbs it would tach out like no other bike in the best of sound ...then idle so slow you could count the pops ..no tacks back then i bet it was like 3to 400 rpm idle ...then 10.000 instantly....honda early bikes were just cream of all honda efforts to me ....of course mine was tweaked a bit

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=162922#p162922:2en31jix said:
joedrum » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:07 pm[/url]":2en31jix]
honda early bikes were just cream of all honda efforts to me ....of course mine was tweaked a bit
Joe, I can't imagine you with a bike that was not tweaked. It would be like learning there was no Santa Claus all over again. :mrgreen:

Sound ? If ya got headphones put them on and turn it up !,, NOTHING like a GL sound , Not just a bunch of Noise but the Hang on feature also, Can't tell ya how many times at a stop light next to a V twinky that was constantly blipping his throttle ...And my mild manured GL 1500 was gave a Snap ! and scared the $hit outa him LOL...not my Blown GL but same sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy1lsQUh0dA

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy1lsQUh0dA[/video]

3 weeks ago i lost my friend Billy, he never woke up ....68 years old ..we called him (Billy Burnout) now that he is no longer with us for sake of public internet he was passing me @ 130 mph in this vid lol , but his Black lines he painted will be around for years on the road... why did we call him Billy burnout ??? btw His Custom Dragpipes were LOUD with his racing cammed GL ..RIP Billy burnout ...my GL and him in this vid.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDNkhbScWRI[/video]

nice i was thinking you quit coming here .....the potencial of the boxer motors is huge ....compared to other designs ....the vid was great ....i see you have car tire also ...t5hat puts some traction on the table ....with boxer powered bikes there perfect set up as they lean just so far anyway ....ive had strait pipes on my bike before sounds like a dragster...it is hard to beat the sound as you said ...glad to see you posting again best to ya ..