what plugs where

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demon00

Reaction score
ok I have a 1987 gl1200 interstate....I took the front fairing off to do fork seals and I didn't mark the electric plugs I unhooked under my left compartment''wkile sitting on the bike'' I have 1 plugged up now,clear to clear but have 2 reds a black and a brown...these are minus the 2 round the power the radio...does anyone have a pic of how it goes ? would be a BIG HELP lol thabks for any help I can get....

On my '83 Aspencade, when I take the fairing off, all the plugs seem to have been color coded and the male/female made it relatively easy to figure out which went where....getting my hands in there to actually hook them together is a separate issue!

yaw don't I know it lol I forgot to mark them when I took them apart uugg lol I matched them but I had my right signal flashing fast DK Y either

part of the problem is I have 1 that is a female,its brown and there is no brown male end,so I'm thinking its probably an accessory add on that I don't have.

ok,thank you,I'm gonna see about hooking up the rest and see how it goes....I don't have a cb on mine just a tape deck and where the cb goes I have a 2 buttons to adjust the tone and something else on the deck....

Great, there's a 1200 electrical troubleshooting manual in the gallery, just scroll down till you run into it, it's very helpful with all the wiring on these ole birds. happy wrenching to ya.

got all my signals back and the radio is on,BUT I can't tune it and have no high beam on my headlight,I did replace the bulb so that isn't the problem,can anyone help me on this one ?

Don't know about the radio, but the headlight could just be a dirty contact in the switch. Might try spraying electrical contact spray cleaner in the switch and moving it back and forth several times, if that doesn't do it then you might have to take the switch off the hanldle bar to clean the contacts.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95540#p95540:349osmpg said:
backlander » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:07 pm[/url]":349osmpg]
Don't know about the radio, but the headlight could just be a dirty contact in the switch. Might try spraying electrical contact spray cleaner in the switch and moving it back and forth several times, if that doesn't do it then you might have to take the switch off the hanldle bar to clean the contacts.

+1

If things are hooked up right, I'd pull the offending connections apart, swear at them and threaten them with a pair of wire cutters, then reclean/crimp a bit and reconnect. :cheeky: :smilie_happy:

this might sound stupid,but,wow I might really sound retarded but I didn't pay attention before,that said,is the the main big square light the high beam and the 2,one on each side of it the low beams ?

No sir, the big square one is the high//low beam headlight. The two on the sides are called position lights. Oh by the way, there are no stupid questions here, that's how you learn. So ask away.

so i guess now I have to check the connections on the headlight itself huh ? thanks....I've worked on my little virago 700 but this bike has a LOT more electrical on it lol

ok now IMA confused,I checked the switch was clean but no power to the light now,uuuugggggg any ideas ?

:thanks: ok you guys really helped me a lot,only 1 tiny question...I got the problem solved with my headlight,it was a bad/dirty connection on the main wiring harness,fixed,but I blew a signal light on the front right side,the bulb comes on but the signal side is out,can anyone tell me a replacement bulb for it ? like at advance or auto zone,I can't find the same number other than online and 19.00 a bulb is CRAZY :smilie_happy: lol thanks

Latest posts