What the Hell was he thinking! ( hope this wasn't one of our guys)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't have age restrictions in Utah?

My son is 8 now and of course wears a helmet and I made up a support so that he doesn't fall off even if he falls asleep. But accidents can happen. I don't wanna become a surviving father. Can't imagine how that will feel.

Oh well, accidents happen in a car so I should stop thinking about it.

1 is kinda young but think I had my 3 year old on the bike with me.
of course I was not in the road or even on pavement, and I didnt have a big bike...
my dad road me on his bike...

accidents happen.
and I feel for the family. the guy has to live with this mistake and what the rest of the family thinks.
also when the courts decide to punish this guy they should take into consideration that he must have loved the child and was trying to spend time together..
he did use poor judgement,no doubt there, but shouldn't his loss also be considered as some of the punishment.

making more laws or regulations will not help.

just my .02

I guess this is just poor judgement and bad luck.
Nothing to do with motorcycles.
We react because motorcycle is involved but imagine taking 1 year old to a mountain climbing in a bad weather or whatever. Similar thing can happen.

jdegase":lb2d2e0v said:
1 is kinda young but think I had my 3 year old on the bike with me.
of course I was not in the road or even on pavement, and I didnt have a big bike...
my dad road me on his bike...

accidents happen.
and I feel for the family. the guy has to live with this mistake and what the rest of the family thinks.
also when the courts decide to punish this guy they should take into consideration that he must have loved the child and was trying to spend time together..
he did use poor judgement,no doubt there, but shouldn't his loss also be considered as some of the punishment.

making more laws or regulations will not help.

just my .02
Lot of difference in coordination between 1 and 3 years old. Most 1 year olds have just started walking-stumbling around in diapers. Most 3 year olds are potty trained, can dress themselves, talk pretty good, remember some ABC's, count fingers, color, pedal a tricycle, comprehend Barney, and feed the kitty.
I can understand the guy wanting to spend time with his kid. We all need to spend more time with our kids, for us and for them. From the moment we hear those words "I'm pregnant" we start filling our minds and hearts with hopes and dreams. As a parent, it is his responsibility to provide, protect, mentor his kid. That includes some forethought on age appropriate entertainment. A big motorcycle can be a really cool toy for dad, but might not take the place of a pull toy for a 1 year old. I have a soon to be 17 year old who loves shooting. I don't remember handing him a beer and a shotgun when he was a year old.
Considering and understanding that death was not intentional, we all have to live with our decisions, even good decisions that didn't turn out as well as expected.
His loss, his punishment, and a new law will not bring back life. That's hard to live with. Hopefully, the wake of this tragedy can induce a positive effect. My heart mourns for that family. May that baby rest with God.

I feel for the guy...he had a momentary lapse of reasoning...
However....what is the full story? Does anyone know at this point? Was the guy drinking/druggin? Did he have any other issues(mental/physical/emotional)? Was he playin around on the bike, and not really paying any attention?
Lot of questions to be asked and answered before making an informed decision. It was an accident, no doubt about that, but still a BAD decision to start with. We've all made bad decisions, and are likely to make plenty more before we leave. This one ended with a loss of a young life. Nothin will change that. Hope the feller learns from it.

Years ago, I had a V8 powered Vega drag car that I drove on the streets. One evening, I took my 3-4 year old niece for a ride in it. I horsed around a little, but we had fun, and I took her back home, then went back out. A couple of my friends stopped by, and we all went out for a ride in the country. Within 30 minutes, I barrel-rolled the car over 5 times. The rear end had broken loose, and the car got sideways and flipped. We were doing about 50mph at the time.
Had that happened with my niece in the car..........
I learned from that.

Where the heck was Mom to stop that guy from that ?...Those little things are too delicate man...what the heck, part of me is mad at the guy for being foolish the other part feels aweful for his loss, he has to live with that mistake the rest of his days on earth now...Poor dude..Poor foolish dude...

littlebeaver":uc0vegx6 said:
Where the heck was Mom to stop that guy from that ?...Those little things are too delicate man...what the heck, part of me is mad at the guy for being foolish the other part feels aweful for his loss, he has to live with that mistake the rest of his days on earth now...Poor dude..Poor foolish dude...

I think back to some of the stupid things I have done over the years and I relalise it was more good fortune than good management that this wasnt me. I think any amout of punishment would be trivial compared to what this poor soul is and will continue to go through.

Latest posts