Where to find jets for the Stovebolt Carb?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krakum1967

Reaction score
Gonna be getting to the jetting, and I need to know where i can access jets? I have the numbers from tuning done by 81 Wing (I think) with some mathematical adjustments and recommendations from Joe and others, and I cant seem to find a source for jets.

I will explain that I have been hit with a bad case of insomnia (9 hours of sleep in the last 6 days), so my attention to detail is shot. Can someone please get me a link to where I can order the jets? I have been trying to stay busy and awake, but I have a big wave of drowsiness and I want to go lay down for a few. I am so tired it is physically painful. And everything including the laptop screen is WAY too bright.

Thanks

I'm not certain but I think Stovebolt has jets. Ebay has them but be careful to buy the right ones.

I am getting into the carb today or tonight actually. I access the jets through removing the top plate on the carb correct? Gonna be fun wish me luck!

Well, I am delayed. My neighbor is dating a new girl (girl of the month club), but this one has four curtain climbers. Dont get me wrong, I have 6 of my own, and I am a grandpa, but my kids were raised to respect people's property, and stay off out and away from things that dont belong to them. One of them was goofing around my bikes that I left out last night as we are near completion of tearing down my RV and converting it to a flat bed (rotten frame, could not be saved).

Apparently, one of them did some exploring on my daily rider (the wife's Hyosung 650) and found my semi-hidden light power switch that I use cause I got tired of paying 40 dollars for crap relays from Korea that burn off every 90 days, and yes the electrical system is fine, they just use highly proprietary parts of poor quality in some areas of that bike. So they tuned on the lights and left them on all night draining my battery. Yea, went to go make some deposits and load my "for buying parts" prepaid Wally world card, and yep, dead as a door knob.

Had a really fun bitch session asking him to keep those spoiled brats off my property, and I did not think it would be unreasonable for him to cough up a new battery as once they are drained like that (she has a rather tiny battery) they just never come back right. I know it was not me, I started her yesterday and went nowhere just to check the fluids and do my daily look over. And I do not do light checks until I am ready to ride her of go anywhere, so I did not even touch the lights. And I am in the habit of double checking now.

So I have to go buy another battery tender cause I dropped mine and it shattered, literally shattered cause its so old. So, I do not have a daily rider other than the GL1000 until I get this expense dealt with.And I have it on tape, I keep a camera going ever since my daughter fell head over heels for her 3 time felon, 5 time DUI, loser bum of a boyfriend who wants nothing but a nurse with a purse to drive him around, but that's another matter. Told the neighbor I would be happy to show him the footage. He is ordering a battery, and apologized, but still. like I told him, if that bike were to fall on that boy (age 6) what the hell would happen than. Keep those little mungers off my property, and if I find one more air soft pellet laying around my bikes (yea they enjoy target practice) than we will be discussing the lack of supervision with an office of the peace. Yea the nightly F-Bomb festival gets real entertaining too since they are both heavy and avid fans of the drink. And I moved to the country for this? Ugh....

I dont dare crack the carb until the Hyosung is back online is the point of my soap box session, and I want to verify the jets that are in the carb as it comes from Tom. I saw the jets somewhere that he lists yesterday, but I am being cautious.

Battery may recharge okay with 2 amp setting on regular charger. Pretty sure you don't need to take anything apart to get to those jets. Just look down the top of the carb and you'll see the air jets. Emulsion tube is below those and the fuel jets are below the emulsion tubes. If it's any consolation my neighbors are much the same.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127240#p127240:1ojszgl2 said:
slabghost » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:51 am[/url]":1ojszgl2]
Battery may recharge okay with 2 amp setting on regular charger. :good:
If it's any consolation my neighbors are much the same.
That's why I have the dreaded driveway and they are at the bottom, half a mile away from the house :yes:

Hamsters have it right, they eat their young....Yea, went out for my nightly smoke and chased one off the GL, yea, mom and I had a "heart to heart"....some people

SO I do the jet swaps though the primary and secondary? I better look over that manual, well at least I will have something to put me to sleep tonight.

jets can swap with just taking airbox off ...never take idle jet out with main jet well open ..the idle jet will go right in head and all ...not good ...they like to stay there ...

Oh no!!! I will pull the carb, I don't want to risk that. I am rebuilding my adapter any7way now that I have acquired some fiber glass resin. I want to add a nice finished touch to it, and neaten things up a bit, so I planned on pulling it so I can make everything pretty as a new penny. Plus my friend who is a machinist wants to look at it to see if he can build an adapter out of a block of 1/2 inch aluminum plate that he has left over from some customer work that he did, one of those barter deals. I will store his bike in my shipping container for the winter in exchange for him making a very nice billet grade adapter, fair deal I think. If he thinks he has enough material that is.

I have become more of a user of barters. For instance, my new leather jacket is actually used,but in new condition and retails for well over 300. So I mowed the neighbors 2 acres for 3 weeks which normally he would have paid 200 to his service, so he saved some cash, moved a coat that he wore once and outgrew over the winter (back off on the beer Seth...lol) and I got a darn nice coat out of for the fall.

Next week I will be mounting a head for my sons friend and finishing some electrical for him in exchange for a barn restorable 82 GS750. SO it pays to do swaps from time to time, it not only is a way of saving money, it build relationships too.

Latest posts