where was my Bilke sold new ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
does anybody have any idea how to find out where and when your bike was sold New ?? I have a friend who owns the Local Honda/Suzuki Dealership. he said he has no way to find that. . . but I see these guys on TV who find out if they have like the First ever Mustang made , or they can find where their car sold new in the 30's .... soooo there Must be a way . :builder:

I just google the vin number on mine and found out it was manufactured in MARYSVILLE, OHIO, but that's all I could find out without paying $9. Don't know what the report would say, too cheap to pay the $$$. :hihihi:

Before 911, and the "Patriot Act", getting a title search was as simple as sending in a couple o bucks to the local DMV. It's a lot more complicated now. It really depends on the state where you're located. Some will absolutely refuse, but some will at least try. As long as it is not for use to contact a previous owner for commercial purposes....or stalking. I was able to trace the title on my '74 Corvette back to the original owner and selling dealership, but this was in '97. Even got copies of the original title, and the second owner title(I'm the third owner from new). It's worth a shot. If it wasn't sold in your state originally, then you'll have to also petition the other(or others) states too. :popcorn:

I got a CarFax report, maybe 10 years ago, on a Bronco II that I was restoring, and it listed the city and state of every sale, title transfer, safety and smog inspection, and reported accident. No names or addresses. I don't know if they still do this.

sounds pretty deep , I don't care who bought it , but i would like to know where it was sold new. and when. but , not Important really , i would just like to know. :popcorn:

Latest posts